Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 XJ cracked head....need help/advice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 XJ cracked head....need help/advice.

Hey guys. I recently just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee, back in October. Absolutely love the thing to death! Just recently this month i have noticed i was going through coolant pretty fast, but yet no noticeable leaks. So took it into Overland Park Jeep today. Had it overlooked, they said the head has a small crack and its leaking internally. They gave me a price for a new head, was $2,500.00. All honesty, my jeep is in such such good shape, body, undercarriage, interior, ext. I say this because i asked the mechanic if its worth fixing, he replied "YES" Jeep only has 82,000 miles on it, previous owner took great shape of it. I read that XJ,s after 99+ were known for this problem to happen, especially with the 0331 heads. Money is extremely tight for me as I am in school and other bills. Wanted to know if their was anyone out there who could help me or good shops to go to, and matters of a different part / head, rather than the 0331.

Thanks guys,
    - Chris

P.S. i do plan on joining the Club, just waiting on the next meet.

I might be able to help you out. Send me a pm with some contact info. For some reason I was unable to send you one.

Comment

Do you have anywhere to work on your Jeep? As daunting as it may look, changing the head on a Jeep 4.0 isn't very hard to do if you can find a good replacement.

John
      1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

It might only be a bad head gasket instead of cracked head ;)
        Gasket is alot cheaper to replace too !
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

It might only be a bad head gasket instead of cracked head ;)
          Gasket is alot cheaper to replace too !
          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Ive got a head off a 99 Cherokee for sale! i'll let it go cheap. it needs to be taken to a machine shop for valve work on the #2 cyl but that wont be much. let me know if I can help you out

Comment

Originally posted by t.co10 View Post
              I might be able to help you out. Send me a pm with some contact info. For some reason I was unable to send you one.
              Just shoot me a email to ccasillas62@gmail.com and ill send info.

Appreciate the help guys! And John, how could I tell its the gasket not the block?

-Chris

Comment

And yeah I do have a place to work on it, and if anyone could help me out, id gladly be willing to pay. Or a where abouts of a good shop. Need my ride back ha. To reach me, best is via email at ccasillas62@gmail.com

Thanks guys

Chris

Comment

Working...
                X