Death WOBBLE 1998 Wrangler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death WOBBLE 1998 Wrangler

I just picked up a 2" BDS kit for my TJ and after installing it I have a DW at 45-60 mph (bad I have to pull over to stop it). The kit came with coils and shocks plus I replaced the steering stabilizer (BDS), track bar (stock with 7/16 bolt), had the alignment done (toe and caster).

Check your track bar for play first, if it was already wore the small lift was probably enough to put it over the edge. At least that's what happened to mine when I installed a 3" lift on the front of my XJ.

Comment

brand new just put it in two nights ago

Comment

Originally posted by yzman127 View Post
        Sorry, didn't even see that in the post. Have an extra set of hands handy? I'd run the steering back and forth on the ground and see what has play in it underneath. You could also rotate the tires to see if they are out of balance in the front

Comment

That doesn't exactly mean anything.

Have someone crank on the steering wheel back and forth and get under there and look like heap o' jeep suggested. It is free to check. Something is loose and needs gone over. Do you have a link to the BDS kit you bought??
          Hi

Comment

Here the kit http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...5&yr=1997-2002
            I ve look under there with someone running the wheel lock to lock and everything feels tight that's the hard thing about this one is there's no sign of a problem. I'm putting a brand new set of 33s on it tonight.

Comment

Here the kit http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...5&yr=1997-2002
              I ve look under there with someone running the wheel lock to lock and everything feels tight that's the hard thing about this one is there's no sign of a problem. I'm putting a brand new set of 33s on it tonight.
              You want to crank the steering wheel back and forth just enough to change directions. Not lock to lock. When you change the direction of the steering wheel, think dukes of hazard, it will change the forces put on the suspension and steering. That's when you want to look for problems. :)
              Hi

Comment

When I had my '97 back a few years ago. My front wheel bearings were bad. I jacked up the front and could actually move the wheel and hub back and forth. Replaced both sides and that fixed my wobble.

Comment

Working...
                X