cylinder 3 misfire fix help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cylinder 3 misfire fix help

I have a '99 jeep grand cherokee. It will pop up with cylinder 3 misfire every now and then. but thats not my major issue. my issue is if i trun my jeep off and try to turn it back on within about 20 minutes it will idle real low and shake violently, with absolutly not throttle responce what so ever, plus a back fire every now and then. i know its the exost manifold and stuff but how do you fix it? I tried this white tube like stuff on injector number 3 and it helped like the first time but not since. i pop my hood whenever i park but does anyone know a perminent fix to this? thanks.

What engine do you have? If you have the 6 cylinder the fuel rails will overheat when parked due to the converter location. You need to get some fire resistant insulation and wrap your injector rail in it. We have had to do this to a couple of jeeps at my shop and it has fixed them. This may be part of you P0303 code, due to that injector getting the hottest.
    Some people just need to get over themselves.

Comment

yeah its a straight six. we bout this white tube like stuff at the dealership but it didnt work. do you know anywhere i can find that fire resistant stuff?

Comment

We had some stuff sitting around the shop that we had for a while. I do not have anymore of it sitting around, although I have found some insulation that is used in commercial HVAC that should work. The white tubes from the dealer do not work with a ****. You can use duct tape or zip ties to hold the insulation onto the injection rail. It is hard to make it look good but it can be made to look decent.
        Some people just need to get over themselves.

Comment

Working...
        X