No announcement yet.

will these wheels and tires fit or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will these wheels and tires fit or not?

have a 1999 jeep grand cherokee all stock. I found some 2007 rubicon wheels and tires on craigs list. I was wondering if they will fit. Ive read they cant but i measured my wheels and it said 17 inches so i dont know. the tires are 255/75/r17. so i dont know.

With 2-1/2"+ lift they will

Comment

Originally posted by bgjhnsn99 View Post
      With 2-1/2"+ lift they will

^^^ Agreed. That 17 is just the rim measurement (the inside diameter of the tire). 255/75/17's are a 32" tire - I don't think they will fit a stock WJ.
      -Mike B-
      '01 XJ Sport
      '11KK Limited

Comment

whats the bolt patterm?

I am not sure but I think the bolt pattern changed around 2007
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

So if i get a 2.5 inch lift i can just go ahead and buy 17in rims? with tires on will they rub at all?

Comment

The JK wheels have a different bolt pattern than your grand. JK's have 5 on5

Comment

But cant i get some spacers or something? i bought this jeep wanting to do three things. first lift it 2.5 inches, second put rubicon wheels on it and last put a brush guard on it.

Comment

I just searched wj and it looks like they are 5 on5. I thought they were 5on5.5.

Comment

I googled JK wheels on a WJ and found tons of pics of WJ with them on.

Comment

ok cool. and should i go with like a lift kit or for body lift. i dont plan on doing any like rock crawling but i would like to go on some trails and get it dirty.

Comment

Body lift, lol sorry couldn't help my self. Thanks for the laugh. WJ's are unibody's, you can't lift they body. The frame and body are one. I would lift it 2" or so. A 2" lift and the rubicon wheels/tires would look great.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but Im curious about putting he same wheels and tires on my XJ. I purchased a set and now Im finding out that it could be more difficult than I thought. I have a stock 92 Xj that I would prefer not to cut up or lift too much. Any ideas on how to get this combo to work properly without losing ride comfort?

Comment

Originally posted by Lrw95 View Post
                          ok cool. and should i go with like a lift kit or for body lift. i dont plan on doing any like rock crawling but i would like to go on some trails and get it dirty.
                          A body lift ? Didnt you say you had a WJ ? .........:)
                          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
                          X