ZJ upolestry cleaning (dried mud)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZJ upolestry cleaning (dried mud)

Hi gang. I am posting a question on how to completely remove mud that is dried out of a ZJ upolestry. Its all over on the bottom seats in the back seating. What kind of things must I do to remove it? I dont want to damage the seating or anything in the process so I want to make sure its the right way to remove it. Thanks.

If it's not ground into the upholstery, let it dry then use a brush to get the worst of it. If there's just small sections of mud remaining, use Resolve or some other similar spray carpet cleaner that says it's safe for upholstery, following the instructions.

If there's a bunch, you can check with your local "Rug Doctor" rental place - U-Haul, and a lot of hardware stores rent them. They have a hand-held attachment for cleaning sofas, and that would probably be the best way to get them clean.

If you pull the seats out, it's quite a bit easier to do as well.

No matter what, make sure to test the cleaner on some of the fabric that's hidden before using it on everything. That way if it were to discolor the fabric, you can avoid messing up all the fabric.

This knowledge comes from having a now 16-year old daughter who, as a baby, loved to barf when the car hit 70 mph on the freeway.... ;-)
    --
    It's not a bad road filled with potholes and broken pavement, it's just Jeep-friendly.

Comment

Lol well if it wouldnt for her, then you wouldnt been able to help me out! Thanks to the BOTH of you lol. And alright, that sounds like a great idea, i'll have to scrap some extra money up to rent a rug doctor because I was stupid and let two girls have a mud fight when we went mudding one night, and let them get in my Jeep, I figured the old seat cover would be fine, it needed to be tossed anyway, but my dang gf got mud on the bottom part of the seat, and yeah I can take the bottom part of the seats out. Then there is some light mud on the door. Thanks again, I appreciate it a lot. :)

Comment

Working...
      X