Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*need quick help* local source for U-bolts ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *need quick help* local source for U-bolts ?

I went down to the farm store in Paola and picked up some 5/8" ubolts and still need 3 more that they didn't have. I've stopped by a bunch a places and called even more. Does anyone know a place for ubolts in the Olathe or O.P. area? Need some ASAP

Already tried

ITP
    ChuxTrux
    O'reillys
    Tractor Supply
    Napa
    Northern Tool

I guess the guy I talked to last night at Oreilly's was having a bad day... called back and they carry them in the warehouse and will have them in a few hours.

But it would still be nice if someone knows a good place that carries a good selection for next time.

Comment

Midway Ford off 435 will make them as you wait still I think
      KB0ZNR
      05 LJ, Chevy LSS, 241OR, Mutt long arm, OBA, AEV High Line, Full cage, 35s tube steps and bumpers, 31.5 gal fuel tank

Comment

kC spring down on 16th (?) will make whatever ya need, u-bolts, spring, etc.
        Fair price too !
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Being in Springhill I would use the spring shop in Olathe near the Highway Patrol motor vehicle inspection station. I think that is 56hwy. They custom make while you wait.

Comment

Inland Truck in Olathe would have them. Give them the diameter of the axle tube, length you need off the top of the tube, then they'll bend them for you. Many times you just tell them the application and they have the info there.
            Mike
            Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Fastenal, s. Olathe

Comment

Originally posted by alanc View Post
                Being in Springhill I would use the spring shop in Olathe near the Highway Patrol motor vehicle inspection station. I think that is 56hwy. They custom make while you wait.
                General Spring. Right around the corner from work. I didn't think about them, but then again they have always put a bad taste in my mouth. I'll have to give them another shot next time.

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
                Inland Truck in Olathe would have them. Give them the diameter of the axle tube, length you need off the top of the tube, then they'll bend them for you. Many times you just tell them the application and they have the info there.
                Also right down the street from the office. I called them up (ITP in list) They told me their machine only does like 3" and 3.5" and the price was double what I bought the others for. Application? Come on Mike you know how building Jeeps is... 9" in a YJ with XJ leafs.

Originally posted by t-rav_12 View Post
                Fastenal, s. Olathe
                Also next door... Didn't consider them, since I was thinking automotive applications. Most oddball places I checked had listings for 5/8" U-bolts but it was for 6" and 8" pipes.

Comment

I'm surprised the farm store in Paola didn't have more. I've always lived by the motto, "If they don't have it, you don't need it" in regards to that place... maybe I need to re-evaluate. :)

Comment

Funny part is that's where I usually buy all my U-bolts. They have a bunch on the shelf, but it seems they rarely have all of them I need at one time.

Comment

Working...
                    X