Different Tire Sizes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Tire Sizes

Ok I have a set of 245/70/16 tires on my Jeep now. Would I be able to run 30/9.50/15 on only the rear and keep the 245/70/16's up front? It would be during 2WD only, and considering that the two tires on the rear would be the same size I wouldn't think that it would mess anything up. Is what I'm thinking true?

in 2wd you should be fine. and after doing a conversion/comparison the difference is close to negligible. what are you planning to do with snow though? and which tcase does the libby have?

Comment

Thanks Zach. This is just an IF situation. Since I already popped the sidewall on my spare, this is my option, since I have them sitting in my garage. I would only put them on if I popped another tire. I just wanted to make sure and check beforehand. So in regards to the snow, hopefully I will have all the same type of tire on. Either the ones on there now, or if I decide to trim my calipers up front, the new ones. I think that it is the Selec-Trac NP242, I'm not sure, I've never really checked before. That's what I was thinking that the tires are so close to the same size it wouldn't matter that much, if I HAD to go into 4WD with the different tires on the back. But I am still going to try to not use if I don't have to.

Again this is only if I pop another tire. They are my backup until I figure out what to do.

Comment

I've got 5 30x9.5x15 in my garage if you need a spare or a spare spare. 1 new 4 used i'll let go cheap

just curious though, will a 15 rim clear your rotors and calipers?
        Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

Thanks, but I just bought some... what type of tires and rims are they though? And the back will clear everything fine. But the fronts will just barely hit the caliper enough that it won't work. Soft 8's are one of the rims used on Liberty's though cause they fit. Also a few other random 15 inch rims.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottm2010 View Post
            Thanks, but I just bought some... what type of tires and rims are they though? And the back will clear everything fine. But the fronts will just barely hit the caliper enough that it won't work. Soft 8's are one of the rims used on Liberty's though cause they fit. Also a few other random 15 inch rims.
            goodyear wranglers, basically they are stock TJ take offs. pics are in the for sale section from a month ago or so, no rims

depending on where the caliper is touching the rim you can clearance (grind off) the calipers to fit.
            Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X