Belton/Raymore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belton/Raymore

Anybody in Belton or Raymore that could come by and take a look at my 90 yj. I just put a lift on. Just doesn't look right in the rear. Tire is real close to the front of the rear fender.

Put some picks up and I'm sure alot of us can help you out right from the comforts of our home or work and what kinda lift you put on

Comment

Could have the spring in backwards. The leaf spring should be offset meaning from the center pin in the leaf, 1 side is shorter than the other.

Yah, take a couple of pics. Make them small enough to be attached to the message or use an internet gallery (photobucket) and use the url link.
      Mike
      Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

YJ axles are centered on springs, so that's not it.

My guess is that the axle is on the rear-most hole in the spring pad. There are three holes in the axle side spring pad if I remember correctly which allow for a total adjustment of around 2" I think.

Comment

I don't think they are on backwards. To different sizes of eyelets smaller in the rear for the shackle and bigger towards the front. I'm at work right now, try to post pic's later.

Comment

The spring are in the center hole.

Comment

Here some pic's I hope

Comment

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Man, I'm slammed with youth events for our kids at church this weekend and I'm by no means, a wealth of knowledge : ) But if you don't have it figured out in the next couple of days I'd be glad to drop by as an extra set of eyes on it! Good Luck!

Comment

Didn't think YJs had symetrical leafs.

From the pics, they look just fine. They may appear to be off, but I think its due to the 'newness' of the leaf. It should be like that for both sides. If it isn't, and the center pin is located in the center hole of the perch, then look at the leaf front mount and the shackle locations on the frame. See if they have been rewelded on. I wonder if the leafs are different lengths between front and rear. Could you have a front spring on the rear? Do you recall the original springs and their locations? Can you put up for a quick comparison?
                      Mike
                      Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

YJ springs are the same length front and back and are symetrically centered, and like he said the frame side use a larger bolt so it would be tough for him to get things mixed up.

If you want to double check the measurements from front frame bolt to the center of the axle that would confirm equal placement of the pin.

Here's mine with 4" and 33's

Comment

Yours looks pretty close too. And I have 35's. I just might need to get different fender flares.

Comment

From the photos it looks like you have the transmission and transfer case out of it. Without that extra weight the springs are arched more than normal. As the spring flatten out with the extra weight the axle will move to the rear a little because the front of the spring is in a fixed location and the shackle on the rear will alloow the rear of the spring to move toward the rear.

In the future you will probably want more tire clearance. That is easy to accomplish by trimming the wheel opening in the tub and using TJ rear flares. The TJ wheel opening is quite a bit larger and used TJ flares are easy to come by.

Comment

Working...
                            X