Looking for someone to paint my tube fenders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for someone to paint my tube fenders

I just bought a set of full replacement tube fenders. Do any of you guys know someone who can match paint and shoot these for cheap if I do all the prep?

Black spray paint works well. It's not a color match to your factory paint, but will look good against almost any factory color. I found black rustoleum to be a near perfect match for my black factory paint... and it's super easy to fix after you rub trees and rocks with 'em. much easier than repairing color matched & clear coated paint...

Comment

Very True. It's much more practical, but there's a jeep called Project Redlyner that I'm using as inspiration on my build, and I can't get over how sick his tube fenders look color matched.

Comment

So what color are you wanting? Dupli-Color has color matched rattle cans and some local paint shops can custom mix paint and put it in aerosol can...

Comment

PW1 Stone White. I've read mixed reviews on dupli-color and mopars color matched rattle cans. Anybody have experience with them? I heard that there's somewhere around 7 different variations of PW1. I got a quote from Summit Collision and they wanted to charge me 438 to shoot both tube fenders. I def. can't afford that. I was also thinking of Line-x'ing them white to match but im not sure if thats a good idea. it might look funny being my jeep is white or it might blend well. That'd be cheaper than Summit... I think.

Comment

My last three trucks have been PR4 Flame Red and I've used the duplicolor on a few occasions with pretty good results. One thing to remember is to get it spot on you'll have to use dupli-color's clear too, but then that defeats the purpose of using a rattle can and making touch ups easy.

For that kinda price you could at least get a can and try it out. Heck you might as well grab a few different shades from walmart while your at it. I built a new bumper for our camper and walked down the isle and grabbed a color I thought might match. If you didn't know you could never tell it was a $0.97 can and not a color matched special order.

Comment

Awesome. Good info. Thanks a lot. I was a little hesitant but this will def. be the route i'll take. If its not spot on that wont bother me, and for the price, its worth a shot.

Comment

That seems to be a real fair price from Summit. When I paint at home I usually get $250 per panel. Good automotive paint prices keep going up. A gallon of good clear coat is $200 or more. Granted there are cheaper ones out there, but just as with anything else you get what you pay for. A quart of silver basecoat just cost me $60 and still needed the reducer for another $30 per quart and clear on top of that. If you figure in primer,sealers, materials and then add labor it adds up fast.
                You will usually find that there are several variations for each paint code. Depending on production dates, facilities and model years that is why most shops will blend onto the adjacent panel to create the illusion of a match when it realy isn't dead on.
                Just my $.02 worth.
                2006 LJ Rubicon

Comment

Working...
                X