X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete

Delete, switched to SWB forum
    Last edited by Bud B; 08-29-2011, 03:49 PM. Reason: SWB

On YJs you can swap the MC from a mid-80s Ford E350 van easily. Don't know if it works for TJs though.

I know a common TJ swap is the MC from a Dodge full-size truck. Not sure if it's the 1500 model or what though.

Google each of those.

Comment

Thanks Tommy, I've started checking this out a little bit. Looks like the Dodge MC is pretty straight forward and simple on a TJ. But, how many times have I said that before! : )

Thanks!
      Last edited by Bud B; 08-25-2011, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Bud, If your interested in trying one of those E350 MC I have a virtually brand new one sitting on the shelf.
        Last edited by diabloed; 08-24-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Ok, thanks man. I'll try to do some checking and talk to someone who has done the sap. It sounded like most of the ones that I read about used E350's on YJs and Dodge MCs on TJs. I'm really not sure about the differences or if this will fix my issues : )

Thanks

Comment

Dodge MC is almost a direct swap. You have to change the adjustable push rod on the booster (there are several write-ups on Pirate).

Actually doing this mod to a buddies TJ today.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know man! Would you mind giving me your cell phone number or texting it to me? 816- 58two-7979? I've read about 15 pages on pirate and a lot if them lacked detail. One guaranteed that the right MC for the TJ swap was a 69 Corvette, bought that and tried it yesterday, no luck. May work on a CJ but not a TJ.

Could you tell me what year Dodge MC you are using? I'll go ahead and Exchange the Corvette for it today.

Thanks!

Comment

How did everything go on the TJ today?

Comment

Working...
                X