AC/Heater/Defroster vent selection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC/Heater/Defroster vent selection

Anybody know anything about the AC/Heater/Defroster vent selection? Right now mine is in the defroster only mode and when I select the floor or the dash vents it doesn't change. Blower and cold/hot selector works fine I just can't change where it's going.

Oh ya it's on a 99 TJ.
    sigpic
    Reed Brunk, You can have joy like mine too! It's a Jeep thing again!
    99TJ: 4:88s, 8.8 with OX Locker, 36 TSLs, Homemade mid-arm rear 4 link and front 3 link suspension, Over the knuckle Chevy Tie-rod end steering, AW4 auto tranny swap, and lots of dents and dings!

Mine too. Must be a 99 issue.

Comment

nope...my 92 xj is the same....no matter what the selection, only blows on defrost.
      "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
      Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

One thing that can cause that is the vacuum canister being disconnected. Or there could be a vacuum leak in the system, the vent selector is vacuum actuated, well atleast on the XJ.

Comment

I found the problem with mine! There is a hard plastic vacuum line that runs from the throttle body, across the firewall over to the passenger side of the jeep and then into the cab. Mine was broke, must have broke it Saturday when I was working under the hood as it worked fine before that. I fixed it with some rubber vacuum line that I got while at the automotive parts store and presto......... it's working fine again. From what I can gather if the vacuum line is not the problem then it most likely is the vent actuator under the dash.
          sigpic
          Reed Brunk, You can have joy like mine too! It's a Jeep thing again!
          99TJ: 4:88s, 8.8 with OX Locker, 36 TSLs, Homemade mid-arm rear 4 link and front 3 link suspension, Over the knuckle Chevy Tie-rod end steering, AW4 auto tranny swap, and lots of dents and dings!

Comment

Had the same problem with my '86 xj. Plugged the black plastic vacuum canister back in and fixed it right up.

Comment

that little nipple on the throttle body is a 90* elbow on mine. It tends to wiggle loose. It controls the vent selection and cruise control (yes, I have both A/C *AND* cruise *pffft*).

a tiny plastic zip tie has held it on nice and tight for ~3 years now. :)

Comment

Working...
              X