Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

06 LJ Rubicon suspension.......what would you do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 LJ Rubicon suspension.......what would you do?

I posted this on another forum but wanted as many opinions as I could get so here you go:

Here's the deal. I picked up an 06 LJ Rubicon from a salvage auction that was robbed of it's axles and suspension. It had a Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit on it previously.
    I know this because the front RE track bar bracket is still there and the holes drilled into the frame are identical to my buddies RELA kit.

The problem is this:

New RELA kit is pretty expensive for me.

I was thinking about following the Rokmen way of thinking with LCG and short arms. But the factory lower control arm brackets were cut off to make room for the RE kit.

Should I weld on new C/A brackets and run short arm LCG and have all of the RELA holes cut into the frame?

or

Save up for the new RELA kit since all of the holes are drilled and brackets removed.

I have axles and 36" Irocs to run for now. Will probably run 37's when new tires are needed.

If any of that mess makes sense to you, let me know what you would do.

Forgot to mention it will see some pavement when the weather allows for the top to be removed.
    2006 LJ Rubicon

my opinion......2.5 or 3.5in long arm kit and high lines....roll the 36's or 37's......just my opinion.
    "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
    Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

get some XJ springs, go SOA and weld on new mounts for shackles and stuff !

REAL JEEPS HAVE LEAF SPRINGS !
      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

If you're staying low, you don't need the $$$ long-arm.

Comment

Working...
        X