WJ blower, help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJ blower, help

My blower motor relay had gone out so I replaced it and now the blower works again.

The problem now is that even when you turn the knob to blow high, the motor spins faster (obviously can hear it) but is barely leaks out.

I "think" maybe there's some sort of main flap that's stuck shut?
    No matter what switchs I hit it has the same outcome.
    Any suggestions?

EDIT::: SPOILER ALERT... the polarity on the wires was reversed. Motor spun backwards.
    Last edited by WJonRubis; 11-09-2010, 06:01 AM.

and Yes, I removed the motor while plugged into the car and it responded normally to the speed dial.

Comment

Remove the motor and feel up where the motor goes. I bet your recirculate door is broken and sitting down on the motor outlet.
      Some people just need to get over themselves.

Comment

The only think I felt was a foam filter type thing but I wasn't able to manipulate anything in there.
        I did some reading around and it says to "break" the door off. The problem is that I have no clue what the door is. I can't see anything and don't wanna start punching holes through random things hahahahaha

Comment

You need to try and look in there with the motor out. The foam thing should be the foam covering the door that has fallen down, and it should be hard. If it is not hard then it is not the door. If it is the door then you will have to break it or fish it out of there. If you have the motor out, feel free to stop by my shop and I will help you out, no charge. PM me for directions if you need help.

Comment

Thanks man!

Yeah the motor is still out. I haven't gotten to work on it since I am pretty busy Sun-Wed but tomorrow morning I'm gonna have some time to work on it again.

So remove the foam, the plastic behind it "literally" break. Got it

Comment

Welll... not the problem. I took the glove box door off to get a better view and the fresh air door work just fine.
              I tested that by switching from fresh to recirc and I watched the door operate normally.

OK... So I need a WJ duct diagram. Any ideas?
              My kids hate my Jeep now since there's no heat! hahahaha

Comment

I hate to say it's not the blender doors BUT when I remove the actuator and rotate the doors myself it makes no change to the situation.
                Does that matter? Maybe I am missing something about ducting and how it works. lol

Comment

I couldn't stand not being able to access every single thing... So the entire dash is out. Now I can see every piece of the ducting and can remove/replace whatever I need.

Comment

I was thinking about this some this morning on the way to work. What if you used a shop vac or other outside component to verify the ducting is working. By chance the blower motor isn't spinning backwards is it?
                    Jake

Comment

I thought the same thing "What if the motor is spinning backwards?" but it's not... (WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ ON... I'm a moron)
                      I literally have the entire dash pulled and now I am about to remove the heater core and ducting as well because I am that freaking pissed!

Motor works, blender doors work, recirc works, fresh air works, front/down/up works... I have reached in and touched the heater core and it's 'dirty' but I don't think dirty enough to stop air flow.
                      I suppose to the ONLY way to know is remove the rest of the front interior.
                      Last edited by WJonRubis; 11-08-2010, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Comment

Wow, when you get mad at a car, you get mad. Let us know what you find. That is really weird, though. If you can watch all of the doors work then it should blow just fine.

Comment

Well as always I jumped the gun and acted like a huge ******!
                            One of my initial thoughts and your very suggestion was right... It was spinning backwards.

When I got the entire piece out I hooked the motor directly up to a battery in the garage and it blew out perfectly! I flipped my lid thinking... now I'm really confused.
                            I put it on the Passenger seat plugged it in and it started but didn't blow out... Of course this was getting easier.

When I bought the replacement Blower resistor (from a guy on here) the guy had wired it up backwards. Reverse Polarity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill me, seriously... kill me when I am turned away so I can't see or hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway... so now it blows but I have a whole new set of issues.

1-Doesn't blow hot. I drained the coolant a little does it need to be "full"?
                            2-Blows constant. Keys don't even have to be in the car. A "Remote switch" isn't working or something?

Comment

Seriously no joke, I'd sell this car right now for $4000... I'm that irritated

Comment

Working...
                              X