cb antenna problem???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cb antenna problem???

i put my cb on the rear bumper and did all the other stuff to connect it. the cb works, antenna hooked up right. but the problem is... i can't get anything on the cb? a friend tried to get ahold of me, and i could here the cb kick over but all i got was the muted sound as if someone was trying to speak.

can anyone tell me if there are/is anything i can do?

everything seems to work but i can't get anything. tried every channel and even re-wired it to make sure i didn't cut any wires. but still nothing?

Joe knows a lot in this so he is best to ask. But I do know that the antenna needs to be grounded, so it matters that you attach it too. Then it also matters to how high above the vehical it is.

Comment

Seems to me that I read that the bumper is not grounded well, and that you may need a ground strap to the frame? Coleman radio in olathe can check out your install - great guy and knows CB's inside out.

Comment

Are you seeing your meter on the radio move but hearing nothing? If so most likely it is a broken wire inside the mic cord probably at the plug. In most CBs the receive circuit runs through the mic. I.E. if you unplug the mic or that wire is broken you lose your ears.
        If you are getting sound but it is muffled it sounds like an antenna installation issue. Remember there is a positive and a negative to an antenna. The negative side of the mount goes to ground source (on the body where it is mounted) and the positive side is separated from that ground source by the small plastic isolator washer. Also make sure that the part of the vehicle you are mounting to is actually grounded. Not usually a problem on Jeeps but I have seen some truck beds that are isolated from the frame by rubber or urethane mounts so there is no metal to metal contact.
        If you need a hand figuring it out let me know.

Comment

Working...
        X