Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom LED Lighting

Good morning ALL,
    New Jeep guy here with a million ideas and just as many questions.
    I have 3 projects in mind and would like some feedback from current Jeep owners who have experience working with LED lights.

I understand the LED lights, load resistors and DC currents well, but I need ideas and suggestions on what works best in a Jeep. I have a 2007 Wrangler Sahara Hardtop and would like to add lighting in:
    1. Under the hood so if I have to pop the hood at night I can light up the engine compartment. I don't want the "kids versions of cool colored lighting", I am looking for the regular guy's lighting so I can see to maintain my Jeep and keep her running.
    2. I would like to have courtesy lighting under the dash whenever you open the door. I would also place lights under the drivers seat and the front passengers seat that would light up the rear floor boards...not that there is every anyone crawling in and out of the back seat.
    3. I would like to add lighting to the rear area so if I have "cargo", I could see back there. I would like to design the lighting so that it would provide me a lighted place to work with tools if repairs are necessary

So any of you with experience and especially those of you with Cool Ideas, please chime in! I am sure with enough ideas I could come up with a great solution!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!
    Jack
    The new guy to Jeep
    :driving:

I haven't seen much in the LED application of lighting up the interior and under hood, just mostly the application of adding rock lights and drivingability lights as well as reverse lights.

For the application specific to your JK model, have you looked into other specific forums for the JK itself. There are several JK specific forums out there that have a membership much greater than a locale 4wd club.
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Working...
    X