Semi horn install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi horn install

I was given a semi horn off a old truck, its just the horn. Its 2 feet long and I mounted it on my rack on my ZJ. I was curious, would anyone know what all I need to make it work? I have never put a horn on before that requires a compressor. Also I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to get a decent compressor that doesn't take much power to run? I think it'd even be cool to toss in one of the pull strings, just wanting to get some info on the accessories and also how to power a compressor/where to get one. Thanks.

you can buy a full air horn kit for 25 to 30 dollars at the local parts store. I can get you a valve and pull cable for your over-the-head trucker set up. it'll be used, but free.

Comment

Thanks, I haven't been on here that much lately, but I did go look at Chux Trux today and saw they had a wiring kit etc for around that price. I've been looking online for the compressors and seen some for around $75 can't remember the psi though. But I would most def appreciate that if you could possibly get the pull string! That would really help me out, I wouldn't have a clue where to get one of those.

Comment

...aaaaaahh..., now I get the pm you sent...
        I work at a manufacturing plant for off-hiway heavy equipment, and we do alot of re-man jobs on our customers older equipment. When we update the equipment, we scrap alot of the old gear, even though it's still good and usable. I'll get you the overhead valve and pull cable along with some 1/4" quick connect fittings and maybe some air lines. I pm'd my digits your way, so we can talk like normal people.

Comment

I got everything I said I'd get.

Comment

Working...
          X