custom CB install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom CB install

I showed some of you my install out at Randolph. Everyone that saw it seemed to think it was cool so I'm going to put some pics of it up on my web site tomorrow i will post the link then. All i did was cut out a hole under my steering wheel put the CB there and cut a hole on my dash to put a external speaker there. i looks really cool and it's the most out of the way set up I've seen.
    "Satisfactory results" is an elusive goal.
    ¡¡¡ɹəʌo əɯ lloɹ sıɥʇ pɐəɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

please post up some pics.
    what kind of CB do you have? is it a smaller one?

Comment

whats the status of the pics?

Comment

Sorry i have not posted them yet i have run into some troubles but I will do my best to have them up tomorrow after I get off work at 9 p.m. -Tim

Comment

OK It's up and running im not done with my site but it dose show my C.B. install heres the link.
          http://homepage.mac.com/stitch1/PhotoAlbum1.html
          -Tim

Comment

that looks really good. i mean really good. but my CB is a lot bigger than that one. so i dont think it would work there.

Comment

Well i don't know if our jeeps are the same under the wheel but it they are as long as its not much taller if will work. You just have to cut a wider hole I was going to post pics i took as i was doing it but some how my pics whet by by :( but i will take a pic of what it looks like behind it.

Comment

Tim

I did the C. B. install and love it. Where did you get your speaker?

Thanks Don

Comment

Glad to see someone do one of my ideas and still like it. :) lol. I first got one online but it broke so i went to the TA in oak grove and bought one of like $7.00. you'll need to take the back off of it but keep the screws and screw it to the dash. I hope you like it as much as i do I have never had any troubles other than my 1st speaker broke the first time i went wheeling with it. -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by stitch1
                    Glad to see someone do one of my ideas and still like it. :)
                    Stitch, your install looks great! Looking at that area while seated it is pretty well hidden by the wheel from my vantage point. How do you like the location for use? Mike cord dangle? Any second thoughts after having it there awhile??

Comment

I did the install after Stitch. It's hard to see the channels, but you don't need to change them very often. I let the Mike hang over the stearing column. I like mine alot, maybe not as tempting for someone to steel.

Comment

Yes it is hard to see the channels. I have since changed where my mic is I now have it on a holder on the dash I will see if i can take a pic of it for you. If you have the exe speaker it is a great place to put it if you don't well you well need a hard top and full doors on to hear anything. I really love how it is and wouldn't change it for anything.... Except one thing I would have put a better antenna on it. but that has nothing to do with location.

Comment

Talked to you yesterday about the install. Before I cut mine, your pictures show your top edge right below the rubber dust seal. On the back side there is a mounting strip for that rubber seal that extends down about 1/2". Did you simply ignore the seal mounting flange and cut it away for that 4" space? My first inclination was to drop down a bit lower, right below the rubber flange, but why change what works?

Comment

When cutting the hole I started in the center and just cut it bigger and bigger tell it fit and yes I had to cut that rubber mount thing.

Comment

OK, it is in but not wired yet. I took a bit different tack, and cut my hole between the internal braces. After the second "trim" I decided the offending part was the sheetmetal ring at the bottom of the dash so I attacked it with a sawsall. Took a slice off leaving the center tab receiver, but skimming the top of it, and squared it off about 4.5" wide. Fits good, and is about 1/2" lower than your pic.

Thanks for the tips!!

Comment

Working...
                              X