help with trailer wiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with trailer wiring

so i bought a quick connect trailer harness and plugged it in. so the trailer has lights and brake lights but for some reason I do not have right side turn signal. if I look at the harness it only has three wires in it shouldnt it have four? any ideas will help.

Some trailer plugs rely on your ball/ tongue coupler connection for a ground. This would be your 4th wire. In my opinion, it's best to use a wire for a ground connection. Trailer lights frequently ground through their mounting points. I can check this out/ fix it when we hook up for the speakers and top. I'mma call ya later, so we'll work it out. ;)
    WHITE - GROUND
    BROWN - RUNNING LIGHTS/ TAIL MARKERS
    YELLA - LEFT TURN/ STOP LIGHT
    GREEN - RIGHT TURN/ STOP LIGHT
    If you have amber turn signals on the towing vehicle (not your tj?), you'll need a tail light converter.
    Last edited by t-rav_12; 08-30-2011, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Comment

The lights work on the trailer except right turn signal. How do the plug and play harnesses get power from the right turn. That is the wire that is missing. In the quick connect side of the7 harness there is onpy three wires.

Comment

Originally posted by oneblackTJ View Post
          The lights work on the trailer except right turn signal. How do the plug and play harnesses get power from the right turn. That is the wire that is missing. In the quick connect side of the7 harness there is onpy three wires.
          The three wires on the quick connect should be tail lights, left turn and right turn... Assuming the Jeeps right turn signal works, I would start by looking into loose connections or possibly a bulb on the trailer.

Comment

Working...
          X