yet another CB question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another CB question...

I just installed my CB and when I tested it with a friends CB he only heard the 1st word I would say everytime I would speak. Any thoughts on this? I've tried to find people with similar problems online, and havent came up wiht anything. Any help would be appriciated. He said it was clear for the 1st word each time but then it cut off and went silent. :-(
    Forgot to add that I can hear him just fine.
    Last edited by GOAT; 06-14-2011, 08:35 PM.

ok so after the first word... static? have you guys tried talking closer together until you get things ironed out?

I really just can't think of a reason other the you are getting over talked... last time I used the CB it was a pretty crowded band to be on

Comment

No one else was on the channel. after my 1st word it went silent, but was clear for the 1st word (no static). Also our jeeps were about 8ft apart and not moving. :-/ Im baffled...

Comment

Try a mic change. Only way for you to transmit is to use the finger switch on the mic, then the wiring that connects from the hand mic through the cable to the connector at the cb base.
        Mike
        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

try it a little further out... 8 foot is really close

Comment

Thank god! It was the other guys CB (I hope). I tried it with someone that I wheeled with with weekend and he said he could hear me fine. Thanks for helping me trouble shoot though. Humm just read Jag's comment, I hope it isnt faulty wiring that works sometimes but not others :-/ I'll have to use it for a few months and make sure. If it con't with problems then I will do a mic swap. Thanks again guys.

Comment

I wouldnt doubt it if that guy has antenna problems, I know my friend has a lousy antenna setup and he says I break up alot when I transmit towards him on a private channel.

Comment

Working...
              X