bluetooth enabled head unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluetooth enabled head unit

Anyone know of a bluetooth enabled head unit? It would allow you to use your bluetooth phone wirelessly through the vehicle stereo.

ahhh!! Blue Tooth is so easy to hack......... :?

but no i don't...

Comment

I know this is an old post but MOPAR makes the U-Connect. I have it on my KJ and I loved it. Mutes the radio all hands free. It uses voice commands and if I remember right it's plug and play on the newer Jeeps.
      The only downside it MOPAR is proud of it.

Parakeet

Comment

I installed a few of the Mopar systems. They were not that fun.I know there are a few bluetooth units out there but I have not looked into them.

Comment

Unless you purchase a vehicle with the MOPAR u-Connect factory installed, it is very expensive and will only give you about half functionality by adding it to an existing DC vehicle.

Parrot makes a number of stand alone blue tooth options, but I wanted something more built in.

Currently, you can get HU from Pioneer and Sony with Bluetooth built in, and Clarion, ALpine and Kenwood have units that it can be added.

I am waiting for the 2007 Alpine decks to come in and will be installing one of their new models.

Comment

What deck are you looking at Matt? I just got there 9885 and LOVE it But I may upgrade to the 9887 when it comes out. I will have to see what kind of price they put on it first.
            "Satisfactory results" is an elusive goal.
            ¡¡¡ɹəʌo əɯ lloɹ sıɥʇ pɐəɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Comment

JVC and Parrot have blue tooth radios as well. Parrot does not need any added equipment like the others. It is all contained and in the unit and even has a keypad on the unit. They also make some of the best bluetooth add ons on the market. They are full featured and allow you to do everything from the controller without taking the phone out of your pocket. They mute the radio and run through the front speakers like the factory units do.
              I use the parrot ck3100 in one of my cars and its been great.

Comment

I was looking at the 9885 or 87, but would prefer the ida x001. I might just bite the bullet and order the iva 105 when it hits the market.

How did you get a 9885 already? Crutchfield listed it last week?!?

I thought about just doing the parrot, but with the new gen Alpines they made it pretty seemless. They also offer a sirius adapter that allows you to use a sirius portable unit so you can use it at home and in other cars as well, but have it hidden in your primary vehicle. same for their nav system.

Comment

I know some people or maybe I just pre-ordered it either way its great. I have spent some time with the 87 and I must say if you can hold out and it doesn't cost an arm and/or a leg its the one to get.

Comment

Oh yeah the xoo1 is cool and all but from what little we got to use it we were not as impressed. Not that it is bad just didn't get to play with it to its full potential or at least thats what I hope.

Comment

I am thinking of trying to get a 9885 at the best price I can, then later this summer stepping up to the 105 and adding nav.

Any chance you can hook me up on a great price on a 9885?

Oh yeah, want to help me install this mess? :)

Comment

The best price I know of is $279.99 from Crutchfield. Really it is a great price. I love the way it made my jeep sound. I had a Pioneer PRS-880 in there for a few week and HATED it!!

Sure I would love to give a hand. Let me know when and where.

Comment

If you want to see and play around with mine before you order it let me know I love talking about electronics.

Comment

Independence audio shot me 270 today. I might stop off there and pick it up soon. I have everything else to do the system in my truck.

It will be a lot of work, I want to put in a ton of dyna mat. sub, amps, speakers and HU plus the bluetooth module, ipod and sirius.

Comment

Tell I got the gig I'm working at now all I was doing was custom installs for a shop. So all that stuff is right up my ally.

Comment

Working...
                              X