X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heated seats

Donor Vehicle: '98 zj grand cherokee
    Install Vehicle: '95 zj grand cherokee
    as heated seats wasn't a factory option till '96, i picked up some later model seats to help warm my g/f's backside. i got the dash switches and (most of) the wiring harness from the donor. i tried to extract the harness neatly, but as i continued tracing the wires, they had break-outs that ran towards the rear of the vehicle and some to a box under the rt. side of the dash on the kick panel. from the dash switches, they went to the left and the right side of the vehicle. these wires seemed to go e'rywhere, so i got what i could, including all necessary plugs for switches, seat motors, etc. . getting the motors working was a no-brainer, as the '95 already had power seats (but with a different plug).

now, to get the heat working. switches are 3 position: off, lo and hi. do the seat heaters have self-contained relays or whatever's necessary to prevent them from over-heating and burning the jeep to the ground? do i need to install some type of regulator? what else will i need to do to get safe heat? i don't have a schematic, but i do have a test light and multimeter, and i can ring-out wires. i'm pretty decent at elec. troubleshooting and diagnosis, but i haven't messed with seat heat before. after experiencing an elec. fire in my tj's dash while driving in rush hour traffic (...no, i hadn't done any work in my dash previously :lol: ), i don't think my g/f could react as quickly to get a fire out. so i wanna gain knowledge of how this system works before i start hooking power to the heaters.

BRING ON THE ANSWERS!! i'll ask more ?'s as we go. thanx, in advance to all participants of this thread and for keeping all the sideline banter out.

Do a search on NAXJA, I just read a lot of different write ups on this as I just put ZJ seats Front and rear in my XJ, I can't remember what they said b/c I read so many diff. ones, but I know your answer is over there. In the modified tech forum.

Comment

thanx, man. i expected a reply from you. i'm also gonna be puttin' her old seats in my '91 xj.

Comment

expect and you shall receive, or something like that. you'll have to do some WORK to get those seats in your XJ. from 94or 95 back they don't have the bar across the the floorpan for the front seat to mount to. everything I have read you have to use the 97 up seat rails on ZJ or WJ seats (the mounting brackets are the same bolt pattern) Good luck with it I know it can be done thought again check NAXJA

Comment

Umm this?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/z...riteup-954164/

Comment

thanx, Andy!

Comment

Working...
            X