cb radio installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cb radio installation

Any recommendations for a place that could install my cb radio in my TJ? I've thought about getting one of those Arizona Rocky Road above rear view mirror brackets or mounting it next to my shifter. Either way, I'd prefer to leave the electronics to someone who knows what they are doing. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

You could either put it on top of your dash in the center, or down on the knee bolster below the steering wheel and off the right towards the console. And then after that they are very easy to wire up.

Comment

Coleman Radio in Olathe.

Comment

i'll hook this up for you this weekend, if y'unto.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Coleman Radio in Olathe.
          Kollman Radio
          881 S Parker St Olathe, KS 66061

(913) 390-8889

Comment

the one on my yj is under the head unit in front of the shifter. red power, black ground. coax screws in the back. red goes to battery or other power source. black goes to any ground in your jeep such as something bolted to your frame. I'm rewiring mine to go to a relay so I don't accidentally leave it on and drain the battery......like i've never done that one before.......

Comment

I routinely leave mine on after trail rides, the entire trip home, and often overnight before I remember to go out and turn it off. So far I've been lucky I guess and not drained the battery. I usually have it squelched pretty high to filter out the truckers while we're on the trail, so maybe that helps (because the speaker won't be squawking all night long). Some kind of timer/cutoff would be nice. I wired mine directly to the battery because I heard going through the ignition would introduce noise, although it would have the benefit of killing the radio when you take the key out at night. :-)

Comment

Have a red top Optima. Left cb on for 3.5 wks. Just went to move my Jeep off the street and it still cranked and started, but barely. Its off now.
                Mike
                Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

If your jeep is a Real Daily Driver , like mine, it wont matter as cuz ya be driving it soon nough ;)
                  I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                  Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                  it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                  Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

OK, Kollman Radio appears to be out of business, at least their phone doesn't work. Any other CB shops in the area ?

Comment

RK Communications

816-824-1623
                      ask for RJ (Bob)

Comment

KC CB installation

I did find an installer - The Service Center - 913-888-5780. Did a great job running the cable. John

Comment

Working...
                        X