any suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any suggestions?

like a few others on here electrical work is not my cup of tea. after returning from randolph on monday my jeep has become an electrical nightmare. i keep blowing fuses. i cant keep a good fuse in for more than 30 seconds without it blowing apart, which sucks because i have not had a speedometer or any other dashboard gauge in about a week. any help would be greatly appeciated.
    jon

all im looking for is a possible place to start. if anybody just has a suggestion that would be great.

Comment

You have a short somewhere. Which fuse is blowing - instrument panel? Look at the wiring harness going up there and see if there are any spots where the wire has a bare spot rubbing against something. Look close around the brake/clutch pedal area. sometimes the pedal mechanism snags and makes a short there. Then try un-plugging from the back of the instrument cluster. If the fuse still blows, then it's wiring for sure. If it don't blow with the instruments unplugged, then it's one of the instruments, or it could be the wire going to your speed pick-up. Shorts are hard to find, but if it's there all the time you should be able to track it down. Intermittant ones are really hard to find.

good luck

Comment

Also... does the fuse blow only when the key is on?

Comment

I'll check all of that out tonight when I get off work and let you know tomorrow. Thanks for your help. I'll be in touch.
          Jon

Comment

Working...
          X