Windows I need help with my F-ing XJ windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows I need help with my F-ing XJ windows

hey has anyone had the problem with there windows not working at any other switch than the master its finally starting to bother me. Any addvice?

Yeah mine has done that since I got it back in 04. So far I know it has something to do with the board under the driver side switches. i was hoping to take a better look at it this spring and maybe just replace the board with one from the junk yard.

Comment

if you search on naxja there have been write-ups on disabling the child saftey switch or fixing the ground sometimes helps too, but if you search there you can find your fix. I am waiting till I get a garage again to fix mine.

Comment

My problem on my 94 was due to the wire for the passenger window running under the drivers feet, under the carpet and being fried.
        Start chasing wires.
        Adam G

Comment

Another possibility-check the wires in the boot on the driver's side between the A-pillar and the the door.I've found that with the driver's door getting used 99% of the time that the wires will break were the bend is inside the boot.You should be able to unplug the harness inside down by the kickpanel and then push it out with the door open and then slide the boot off of the wires to inspect them or carefully cut the boot with a utilty knife and ziptie it back in place later.

Comment

Got it fixulated and workinized

looked at it yesterday and started chasing wires only to find one wire fried took more of the **** tape loose and found 2 more hooked em all back up and they all work woohoo thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
            X