Relocating CB antenna question????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating CB antenna question????

I just installed my new bumper and I'm having to relocate my CB antenna. I was looking at the Quadratec Rock It mounting plate that mounts behind the brake light. It says there is some drilling involved. Can any one who has used this product tell me what is being drilled. I would prefer not to drill anything important on my jeep. If there is an other mounting plate that works better please let me know. Thanks for the help.

i mounted mine with one of those mounts that look like a L made to put on big rigs. i just had to drll 4 really small holes. i mounted mine above my pass. side brake light like those mounts your talking about and saved a good bit of money going that way.

Comment

Re: Relocating CB antenna question????

Originally posted by Moose-H
      I just installed my new bumper and I'm having to relocate my CB antenna. I was looking at the Quadratec Rock It mounting plate that mounts behind the brake light. It says there is some drilling involved. Can any one who has used this product tell me what is being drilled. I would prefer not to drill anything important on my jeep. If there is an other mounting plate that works better please let me know. Thanks for the help.
      I bought the TeraFlex mount from Qtec for about $3 less than the Rock It. It kicks the antenna out to the side a bit, which gives better clearance for the hardtop window, and even for getting in & out of the soft top in back. It does recommend drilling one hole through the body, and I did that after seeing the taillight flexing from the antenna moment. Here's the link.
      http://www.quadratec.com/products/16180_00.htm

Comment

what kind of bumper did you install? got any picks? there's a million and one way to mount a antenna, most of all require very little cash.

Comment

I have mine off an 'L' bracket that I cut from a 1.5" angle. Its bolted to a bolt off the back tailgate holding the spare tire carrier on.
          Mike
          Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I purchased a bumper from bumsbumpers. I had him add a tab for my antenna. The only problem is that my Hi-Lift jack now swings in to my antenna. I'll see if I can gets some picks of it. Also, does any one of our corp sponsors have an antenna bracket in stock or do I have order on-line? Thanks for all the feedback.
            Jason

Comment

The aluminum mirror mount style brackets I have found are the best/cheapest way to mount an antennae. Basically it is an L bracket with another piece to go around a side mirror. It also has the antennae mounting stud with the nylon insulator. If you are mounting it to a flat surface you use the L portion only. It does require drilling some holes but that is the best way to mount it anyway. A good ground is critical for a CB antennae to work. Mounting to the bumper is usually best.
              You can pick these up pretty cheap at most any truck stop or Radio Shack.

Comment

^^^^^^^ thats the same mount that i have on mine and i am very pleased with it.

Comment

Working...
                X