eTrex Legend retirement, looking for replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eTrex Legend retirement, looking for replacement

So the eTrex Legend is almost due for retirement (still working great, just wanting to step it up a notch) so I have been scanning options and just recently saw the Magellan Crossover (http://www.magellangps.com/products/...91&prodID=1750). It looks like everything I want and is close to my price range.

Anyone have experience with this model?

Options I would like to have is turn by turn with birds eye view and also be trail friendly. The things that caught my eye on this one was topo maps and detailed maps are already on the unit so other software would not be required.

Many of the models I have seen can get the functionality by upgrades via software or hardware but those options add up QUICK.

Thanks,
    Jason

The only close Garmin unit I thought would be remotely close would be the GPSMAP 60CSx although there are so many options I was confused.

Jason

Comment

Check out the Garmin Zumo units that are listed for bikes. They have the more sensitive electronics (better in trees, etc) and they do the full breadcrumb thing for back tracking. Only the Zumo and Quest (other than the Trailguide which is Quest) have all of the topo features at this time, if I understand right.

Comment

Working...
      X