questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions

Can the timeout function be adjusted. On this forum if you take to long to type something you get logged out of the site completely:cussing:That makes you lose what your typing and all of the recent posts since last visit. Not good

How do you tell who the forum moderators and admins are when they are logged in? the old way was by the color of the name at the bottom?

What is the + next to the names at the bottom of the forum page also?

My browser is not asking to "remember" the log on and password as usual either? is that a software thing too??
    Last edited by got flx; 10-23-2010, 02:57 PM.

go to bottom of forum page and it explaines the envelopes for ya !

its in lower left corner ;-)
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

yeah got that. I deleted that question.

Comment

Originally posted by got flx View Post
        Can the timeout function be adjusted. On this forum if you take to long to type something you get logged out of the site completely:cussing:That makes you lose what your typing and all of the recent posts since last visit. Not good
        I've never lost anything. Even if I get up and walk away; when I come back and post the form, if it's timed out it prompts me for my password and then completes the action.

How do you tell who the forum moderators and admins are when they are logged in? the old way was by the color of the name at the bottom?
        At the bottom of each forum is a list of that forum's moderators. We can configure different moderators for each board if we want, so it's displayed there. You can see a list of moderators via Forum -> Quick Links -> View Site Leaders. That shows each group, including Administrators and Moderators.[/quote]

What is the + next to the names at the bottom of the forum page also?
        They're in your friends/contact list.

My browser is not asking to "remember" the log on and password as usual either? is that a software thing too??
        There's a little checkbox under where you type the username and password. Check that and it will remember you via a cookie. Whether or not your browser prompts to remember a password is a client side configuration; maybe somebody clicked 'Never for this site' once?

Comment

OK it still times me out, and then when I put the password in it restarts the website and I lose the post I'm typing, and the new posts list that was up??? PIA

The remember me box, won't that make the website automatically log me in when I go to it like the old site? If we have 2 users in the house that doesn't work? What I would do is put my log in and the computer would ask to remember it our not and then next time I just hit "g" and the rest would auto fill in. If that was selected as "no" how do I get it to ask me again?

Comment

Sounds like something on your PC's end.... I haven't had any problems with it timing me out. How long are you waiting between posting and hitting "submit"?

Do you open the new messages in new tabs or try and go back and forth on the same screen?

Comment

same screen and maybe 5 minutes or so??

What about the username thing??

Comment

The session timeout is 900 seconds (15 minutes).

Comment

Has it been that or did you just bump it up? I must be a slow typer than??

Ok. how about the username thing? any ideas?

Comment

15 minutes is the default. I don't know on the username thing; that's something with your browser on your computer, nothing I control on the site side of things...

Comment

Working...
                    X