Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skins and such

Rich,

If a person were to be inclined to either pay someone to do so, or develop a skin themselves that mirrored at least in colors and what not the skinnable components of the new website so they appeared like the old forum, would that be something that could be made available?

Reason being is that I cannot easily read the text given the two skin options available. The colors and simply very hard on my eyes whereas the old site's color scheme was much easier on the eye.

-Todd
    "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

todd I found that the darker option for background helps and after several barly beverages me eyes dull enough to see most of what is on page ! LOL

much better than that BRIGHT interigation light sorta page that is the default !
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by tfiedler View Post
      If a person were to be inclined to either pay someone to do so, or develop a skin themselves that mirrored at least in colors and what not the skinnable components of the new website so they appeared like the old forum, would that be something that could be made available?
      Absolutely. It's just not at the top of my list of things that need to get done.... there are a LOT of files that need to be modified; it's not a simple undertaking. The DarkVision template has 769 files for example.

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
        todd I found that the darker option for background helps and after several barly beverages me eyes dull enough to see most of what is on page ! LOL

much better than that BRIGHT interigation light sorta page that is the default !
        Yeah I tried the darkvision one. The cyan text color is too large of a contrast against the dark background for my eyes and it gives me a headache to view. I do have the registered version of tapatalk so I'll probably just interact that way since it lets me view the site with a font and stroke that doesn't "vibrate" on the background.

@Rich, I hope you didn't think I was complaining! I wasn't. Just wanted to know if it was something we could accomodate. GREAT WORK BTW!
        "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

what color is cyan ?
          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by tfiedler View Post
            @Rich, I hope you didn't think I was complaining! I wasn't. Just wanted to know if it was something we could accomodate. GREAT WORK BTW!
            Nope, just wanted to set expectations as to where additional styles sit in the priority queue. We've got a light and a dark for now. As soon as I get some other stuff knocked out, I'll root around some more for some free styles that may be more middle of the road. I'll load a bunch on the test server and let some folks test them.

But it will be a few weeks more than likely. :)

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
              what color is cyan ?
              A very bright light blue with a certain amount of luminosity

Comment

Working...
              X