Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Downtime Wednesday 10/20

I know... it's about time. :D

I'm planning to perform the final cutover to the new site on WEDNESDAY evening, 10/20/2010.

The last dry run I did a few days ago took me about 3 hours; the old forum will be made read-only and then the cutover to the new forum will begin, so you won't be able to access the forum on WEDNESDAY night for a few hours.

When the conversion is complete, I'll put a link in the header of the old forum to direct everyone to the new forum.

The old forum will be left up as a read-only archive until the club decides it's no longer needed.

During the last test conversion, we successfully converted:
    • 1286 users
      3559 forums with 35,848 posts
      90 polls
      11,874 PM's

There were a few errors (4 polls, 8 posts, and 182 PM's) from messages which had invalid characters or database corruption preventing conversion, so if you're missing something check the old site.

When you access the new forum, you'll use the same ID & password as the old one. The new forum will have a completely different look and feel that will take some getting used to, but in time you'll find it as easy to navigate as this old familiar one.

Some of the applications haven't yet been ported over (e.g. membership applications, member jeep profiles), and some new ones (e.g. Blogs) aren't enabled yet, but I'll be working on those as I have time in the coming months.

There is also a new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section, with specific Q&A to help with the transition; I'll make sure there's a link to it from the main home page. If you have a problem or question please check there before sending PM's, emails, & phone calls (last resort).

If you can't PM me your question/problem, email it to webmaster@kcjeepclub.org.

will we ever get old gallery back? or are those pics gone forever?
    "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
    Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

The new forum doesn't have the same gallery setup as this one; it's not centralized but each user can have their own.

I'm trying to get some FAQ's written for attachments, galleries, avatars, and profile pictures tonight and tomorrow night....

Comment

i think i can recover at least some of the old images (maybe all of them - won't know for a few days for sure)... it will take some time to get a new centralized gallery created on the new forum and integrated with the Content Management System (CMS) over there, but I think I can at least get the old stuff restored on the old site so it's readable again.... then we can worry about how to port it over later....

stay tuned. :)

Comment

Will there be a new address or will it just be there?

Comment

BTW, thank you Rich. I know this has been a very big project that we'll all benefit from.

Comment

Originally posted by mooose
              Will there be a new address or will it just be there?
              You'll probably want to update your book marks, but I'm going to put a huge link on the old forums here as soon as it's live, to help direct everyone over there....

Comment

Originally posted by mooose
                BTW, thank you Rich. I know this has been a very big project that we'll all benefit from.
                X1000

Can't wait :D

Comment

I think I just saw a pig fly by :shock: :shock: :D

I think you mean Wed the 20th by the way rich

Comment

Yes, I did.

Oink.

Comment

I saw flying pigs once.....shot them down on a wing shot ! nothing like a mossberg 500 in 12 guage ! LOL !
                      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
                      X