Announcement

Collapse

Out of Date Posts Will Be Removed

Any posts older that 1 year will be periodically be deleted.
See more
See less

FS Offroad / Adventure Trailer Jeep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS Offroad / Adventure Trailer Jeep

Jeep and Trailer (2).jpg

I'm selling my modified Army M1101 trailer since I recently sold the JKU that went with it. The trailer was originally designed to be hauled behind an Army Humvee. This trailer was modified to work more closely with being hauled behind a Jeep. The trailer is aluminum and the cargo area is 80" wide x 86" long.

The original heavy axle was swapped out for a lighter new 3500 lbs. axle that has the same bolt pattern as the Jeep (2007 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon). This was done for three reasons, one to make lighter to tow, two so if I got a flat I could use the spare hung on the back of the Jeep and third to level it out (original tires were 37" and I was driving on 33"). The wheels on the trailer are actual OEM take off wheels from a Jeep which were coated black. I'm throwing a third wheel (not coated) and tire to be used as a spare.

The inside of trailer has multiple tie downs and has been professionally coated. It comes with original bows and nylon tarp (zippers need to be replaced, working on finding someone local). I've also made a couple of shorter bows that were used when hauling a couple long kayaks. There is also Jerry can mount on the front. The trailer has its own hand brakes and has two additional legs for multiple points of contact with the ground making it very stable (use it for mobile shelter or ground blind).

The trailer uses a coupler type of hitch system (hitch is included). This has benefits when towing over uneven ground. The electrical work has also been converted to work with civilian vehicles.

It's a great trailer that could be used for more than just hauling stuff. I just don't have a real need for it anymore since I have a truck and a flatbed trailer. Not a professional photographer, but I'm doing my best to show a good representation of the trailer. $3750

If you have any questions or would like more pictures (wouldn't allow me to upload pictures) you can shoot me an email at hawman_vetnco@yahoo.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hawman_vetnco; 05-06-2018, 06:51 AM.

Send me a few pics if you would at jowensposse@yahoo.com
    Thanks Kenneth Burns

Comment

better yet show a few pics on here ! ..... I have no idea what a army M1101 trailer looks like....
      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
      X