No announcement yet.

02 grand Cherokee going into limp mode?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 grand Cherokee going into limp mode?

I've looked up all the info on this I think I can. P1762 (Governor pressure sensor and solenoid) p0122 (TPS low voltage) are the codes I've got. What I'm looking for is someone familiar with this problem. I don't trust myself playing with transmission issues and I need some help. I can pay with cash and beer, I'm just not looking to get abused by a shop.

Edit- clarification: It starts off fine. Once I come to a stop you can feel it downshift to a point where the transmission won't really move the jeep by itself. It feels as though I'm towing something when I'm not. Giving it gas has the same feeling for a bit...like something isn't pushing it forward..or better yet it's holding it back. It will still shift..but it takes a longer than it should and sometimes it will shift in a weird way. For instance...it's in 1st and should be in 2nd..it will then shift to 2nd for a second only to shift into 3rd (where it SHOULD be) immediately after. Now if I turn it off, shift to neutral, turn it back on and go into drive all is well..until I stop again.

4.0L 6cyl with 98k

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by rmac; 06-27-2014, 01:54 PM.
Working...
X