Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy 15th Birthday to the KC JEEP CLUB!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 15th Birthday to the KC JEEP CLUB!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KCJEEPCLUB. -- We are now 15!

It was on January 20, 2001 that our 1st set of club Bylaws went effective.
    Please post below when you 1st joined the club (if you are a "charter member") and your 1st jeep club event/memory

I joined the club in June 2012 -- right before my 1st Club run at the Rock Quarry.

What a great day it was, I met great people and established a friendship with Bryan Kusgen (property contact).

Looking forward to the next 15 years of club growth and activities!

Comment

may 2002 first trail run to tuttle, I got stuck everywhere its been upgrades ever since

Comment

if there were charter members still around, wouldn't it show in the member status ? anywhooos, I been around since 2007 ? and upsetting liberals ever since ! ;)
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Kind of bending the thread parameters here: not a "Charter" member; not a "Club" event.........

but......

Joined in March of 2012, just before my birthday. I remember being excited to meet all the drivers of all the Jeeps parked outside the Hot Rod shop down by Crown Center.

(What was the name of that place?)

Anyway, met some great people the past 4 years and one of my first "Club" memories was going down to SMORR with Bill Farnsworth a month after joining. It was Howiepalooza.
          I'd been to KSRocks a couple times and Tuttle, but never to SMORR. Place was awesome. This was when I was wheelin and dd'ing the WK. Ended up meeting up with Mike Moran and Jim Banner.
          Kenny Burns was there as well.

The second day Bill and I hit the trails with Mike and Jim. Not more than 5 minutes into Peewee Crossing I had what I thought was a blowout - turned out just to be the valve stem cap sheered off with a piece of wood stuck in the tip. Pulled the splinter out, aired up, new cap, good to go. I remember Mike talking us through the trails so knowledgably. At one point we hit a trail that looked gnarly from the get go -
          RedBull. My brother and I were following Jim in his beastly YJ. When I saw his axles do this:

I began to get nervous - I'd wheeled the WK but not to the degree I had so far that day and it was about to get more intense.

But - Moran talked me through it:

I got a feel for what my Jeep could do; driving off camber; turning into an off camber lean, recovery techniques..........

It was a great trip and getting to wheel and camp with new friends from the club was really a good time!
          -Mike B-
          '01 XJ Sport
          '11KK Limited

Comment

Dales Classic Rides.

Comment

I remember that day....
              Mike
              Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Working...