17 inch wheels and back spacing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 inch wheels and back spacing

I'm looking at getting new wheels as I have upgraded my brakes on my tj. I'm thinking about 17 inch wheels. I have found a 17x9 wheel with 4.53" back spacing and -12 mm offset. I well be running 35x12.50 tires and have 2.5" of lift. Will these wheels have enough back spacing and offset to keep the tires from rubbing when the wheels are at full lock?

Thanks,
    Cody
    Last edited by RFRIDER; 12-29-2015, 05:32 PM.

What brake up grade did you do
    KB0ZNR
    05 LJ, Chevy LSS, 241OR, Mutt long arm, OBA, AEV High Line, Full cage, 35s tube steps and bumpers, 31.5 gal fuel tank

Comment

I did the vanco brake kit

Comment

I usually run a 4 to 3.75 BS ...... with wider tires and wheels, you want less backspace to keep from rubbing inner fenders and frame
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

I have been looking for a wheel with 3.5 to 4" back spacing but have not been able to find it in a 17 inch wheel. I did not know if the offset would push wheel further away from the frame and sway bar on the front.

Comment

back space is from wheel mounting surface to inside edge of wheel , offset is wheel center line relation to wheel mounting surface. a 8" wheel with 4" backspace would have 0 offset..... I thinks ! ;) ...... 8" with 3" backspace would have 1" negative offset
            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by RFRIDER View Post
              I'm looking at getting new wheels as I have upgraded my brakes on my tj. I'm thinking about 17 inch wheels. I have found a 17x9 wheel with 4.53" back spacing and -12 mm offset. I well be running 35x12.50 tires and have 2.5" of lift. Will these wheels have enough back spacing and offset to keep the tires from rubbing when the wheels are at full lock?

Thanks,
              Cody
              In my idea it may rub a bit, but you can always use a spacer to give that extra gap.

Comment

I ended up going with a 16x8 wheel and 315x75 tire. The wheels have 3.7 back spacing. The tires do not rub at full lock.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice fit and that is one bad *** off road tires and wheel combo!

Comment

Working...
                  X