Google Map Maker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Map Maker

So I was playing around yesterday and stumbled across Google Map Maker, i was trying to make a map for KSRP since i always get stuck leading now. Well i was just gonna save some locations as favorites but ends up this is how you submit roads and trails to Google Maps. So i added the main loop. Well, 2 hours later i got an email saying it was approved. Now, if you look at KSRP on Google Maps, the main loop shows up at the end of 130th street. So cool.

you can load gps files or you can mark trails for submission. i have the main loop marked as a road, but adding trails would be cool.

If anyone has been to other parks or locations, might be a fun way to mark main loops for newbies to follow.

anyway, thought it was cool to see it on there and think, hey, i did that. haha

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ka...60ed53ae53fae0

if you always get stuck leading , perhaps you should of brought more Jeep ?
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
      if you always get stuck leading , perhaps you should of brought more Jeep ?
      Take it up with my wife, it's a work in progress

Comment

Where the files I had able to add more trails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by fatburg View Post
          If anyone has been to other parks or locations, might be a fun way to mark main loops for newbies to follow.
          SMORR publishes GPS maps for their trails - tracks for all trails with waypoints for start/end of each. HERE

I've got GPS files for most trails in most parks (KS rocks, Tuttle, SMORR, Clayton, Disney, etc). If you want them you're welcome to them. Some have waypoints labeled, but most are just tracks. I wasn't doing it fore mapping, more just to see where I've been. I stopped taking the GPS in the Jeep lately, along with the camera.

Comment

Working...
          X