Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

headlight "upgrade" wiring harness ISSUES...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight "upgrade" wiring harness ISSUES...

Ok, I bought the wiring harness for the headlights with the relays.From the start the low & high beam were backwards on the relays. Now I have 3, yes 3 headlight beam selections-low, high, and higher (both low & high combined as far as I can tell) Then it gets better.... to get the "higher" beams to shut off I turn on my right turn signal ....presto....back to low beam. I read some on the problems and having factory fog lights seems to be an issue with the "upgrade"relays. I replaced my factory fogs with leds and cut the wire so I could use them & high beams offroading. Is there a way to correct this other than put the $&!# back the way I found it. So I could have upgraded headlights, leds(fogs) that work on high & low?

Hello? ANYONE OUT THERE??????

Comment

What upgraded kit di you use? I changed my XJ's out to H4 style bulbs and used a relay kit that ties in to the battery for power. I do not have factory fog lights and never had an issue. Here is the harness I used

http://www.eautoworks.com/Putco-H4--...s-PRD7540.aspx

John
      1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

I believe he used a headlight harness upgrade like in the picture. If so this is a complete bolt on application and impossible to mess it out. Unless you are using LED truck lights.
        Last edited by cripper; 10-22-2015, 06:42 PM.

Comment

UMMMMMM, what jeep model you talking about ? ..... cuz they aint all the same ! ;)
          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

99 XJ, There is some issue between the"auto off" when using high beams on the factory fog lights and the upgraded wiring harness. Haven't figured it out yet. Dean. PS- no leds
            Last edited by Intercept Images; 12-04-2015, 02:49 PM. Reason: ps

Comment

Working...
            X