98 grand rear door stuck closed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 grand rear door stuck closed

So first off its been a long time since I've been here.
    as for the issue my title basically states it. But here's what happened to the best of my knowledge. It's my gf jeep and she just got it a month ago or so. Has a few issues but two that I need to address now. The driverside rear door didn't open from the outside when she got it. I figured it was linkage or something like that but before I had a chance to check it out the child safety switch got triggered without thinking. So as everyone knows, when the exterior handle doesnt work and the interior is in child safety mode, you can't open the door! Anyone have a trick for getting into this thing so I can undo the child safety thing and figure out what's wrong with the exterior handle?

On a slightly related note the rear hatch just started having issues opening. Using the key or unlock bottoms doesn't change anything. She had issues with it and I walked up, hit unlock twice, and opened it with ease. Then yesterday it wouldn't work. From what I hear there is a little plastic part that breaks. Can anyone confirm this?

Of course we appreciate the advice and help.

Bump for anything? Anything at all?

Comment

wish I could help......
      sigpicerrinjan 99 TJ to much to list....

Comment

have you tried removing the door panel to see if you can un lock it that way ?
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

On the hatch you have to take some of the trim loose from the bottom by window and spray some wd40 or the like in their then reach in and move the bar that moves the handle. I had to do this it worked enough to get hatch open then I sprayed the whole assembly with wd40 and it works everytime. On the door you have to do the same thing only you have a lot less room to get in there. Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X