Winch controls added to rocker switches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winch controls added to rocker switches

So I always wanted to make this mod to and today I went ahead and did it. I used the ARB style rocker switchers. I got the Winch Isoloator (for on off) and a similar style switch for the Winch in/out (although it is a double pole double throw). The purpose of using 2 switches is so you don't mistakenly hit your winch in without meaning to. You have to turn it on in order the in/out switch to do anything.

I know all winch brands are a little different but it should work very similar (wire color may vary).

What you need to do this is:

2 Switches
    access to a ground wire
    access to an ignition wire
    12 feet of high grade speaker wire
    a winch of course!
    female connectors for the back of the switches
    a couple wire taps
    some misc 16 gauge wire

That's about it. I would be more than happy to show some pics if there is enough interest. I am heading out of town for work for a week but more than happy to help anyone with this.

I also wired up my own "sPod" for about 75 bucks. I followed a YouTube video called "How to make a Dbox". It turned out very clean and works great.

I am new to the club and very willing to answer stereo questions as well, that is how I supported myself through high school and college was doing driveway installs for people, so if you have any stereo questions, hit me up.

Sounds great. Done similar thing in my previous wheeling vehicle. Haven't done neither in my TJ or YJ....guess I'm getting lazy or old or both.
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Great tip! Can you please post some pics on where you exactly positioned the switches? Thanks...

Comment

Working...
      X