Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another New Member

Hi,
    I just stumbled on this site looking for bumper fab pics. I am very happy to become a member.
    I have an 87 YJ that I have been working on for the last few months, maybe 6? and I am getting close to a time when it is drive able.
    I have had 2 YJ's and a Cherokee.

My current rig is an 87 that I bought from my friend out west, its rust free but the clear coat is peeled off on most of the Jeep.

I have changed the timing chain and rear main / oil pan gasket
    Added an n HEI Dist
    An MC2100 (soon to be replaced with TBI)
    An 8.8 W 4:10's I have a mini spool but not sure yet...
    Swapping the front to 4:10's this weekend, adding Cherokee shafts with new U joints and an Aussie before I button it up.
    It has a 4" lift now and I added 5/8" Boomerang shackles.
    I swapped the BA/10 for an AX15, external slave and an NP 231 with a SYE.
    33" BFG MT on the faker bead lock wheels.
    Monstalined the entire tub
    sweet cavalier front seats...
    Homemade sliders using plate for the rockers from EBAY and the PSC Rocker Knocker DIY kit.
    Homemade front bumper.
    working on the rear bumper, just ordered some parts.

I am moving along but I have less time and money than I though. I am sure I'm not the first guy to do that!

Still need BTF front fenders and a better Roll cage. I have half and ful doors but only a bikini top.

Anyway thats me, happy to be here and meet some new people!

Sounds like a great rig. Welcome to the club. There is a run to Kansas Rocks on the fourth and the club meeting is July 12th at two pm at the Trailside Center 9901 Holmes. Look forward to meeting you.

Comment

Josh,

Welcome to the forum. To get the best "experience" I recommend becoming and Official Club member, instead of an "Online member."

Official Club members receive:
      Full Website access
      Club Facebook Access
      Club tshirts
      Club Stickers
      Access to Private Property for 4 wheeling
      Access to our Annual September Club picnic -- where we raffle off several thousand dollars in jeep stuff

KCJC Membership Application 2014.pdf

Call me with questions
      JIM SPINNER
      314-495-3941 -- Cell
      816-778-7021 -- direct office line

Comment

Sounds good. Ill get in touch.

Comment

Still here, had a tuff July.
          Food poisoning while travelling and a sprained knee.

Front gears are changed and Aussie is installed. I have a newfound respect for people that change gears, what a pain. Cam out goo as far as spec #'s and mesh pattern.

need to get busy on my fuel injection swap. I have my TBI and computer with a harness and chip from AFI.
          crossing my fingers there.

Comment

welcome, ummm, added Cherokee shafts ? you talking drive shaft ? or non-dico front axle shaft ?
            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Front shafts.
              All my vacuum lines had leaks and I swapped in an NP 231 transfer case instead of the odd single year NP207?

Comment

I have a disco front axle in me YJ, want to go to solid right axle shaft, but I believe I need to install a new inside seal for that side , anywhoos, sounds like ya got a decent YJ ! ;)
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

That's what I did. Pretty easy. Here is how I did it.
                  Go to the junkyard and grab XJ shafts, get both sides as the u joints are bigger. Make sure it has a High pinion Dana 30, anything 95:96 on also has bigger u joints.
                  I cleaned them up and installed new u joints. You will need a new axle seal for the short side and an odd seal for the long side. A Google search will find the seal # but not the application. You may luck out and your housing is machined for the inner seal, mine was not so I ground it out until the seal fit. This was a pain and I wouldn't recommend for a few reasons. Otherwise it is very straight forward they slide right in and bolt to the existing unit bearing. The Dana 30 uses 1 quart of fluid.

Comment

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-...nner-seal.html

Here is a thread on pirate that has many of the seal part numbers for the long side.

Comment

I stopped going to junk yards like 30 or so years ago ! I am planning to go to 30 spline moly shafts, so when I get new carrier, pocket locker and stuff, I will check into a conversion kit that should come with the new seals ! .... or that's the plan ! :) and not all XJ shafts come with the 297 U-joints, prior to 95, they mostly came with 260s ! ;)
                      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Yes, you need to check as the early shafts have noticeable smaller u joints.
                        I think Randy R&P has a kit that has the cover and a seal.

Comment

ALSO ANOTHER NEW MEMBER!
                          Very happy to meet you folks. I'm a 62 year old Seenager (senior teenager). Just got my very 1st Jeep this past April. Got the sickness after a very good friend of mine from Springfield MO. took me out hill climbing, creek crossing and bush driving last year on his own property.

Comment

Originally posted by bob View Post
                            ALSO ANOTHER NEW MEMBER!
                            Very happy to meet you folks. I'm a 62 year old Seenager (senior teenager). Just got my very 1st Jeep this past April. Got the sickness after a very good friend of mine from Springfield MO. took me out hill climbing, creek crossing and bush driving last year on his own property.
                            Welcome BOB,

Please call me if you are interested in becoming an "official" club member.

Cell 314-495-3941
                            office 816-778-7021

Jim Spinner
                            "RoKn"

Comment

Looking forward to meeting everybody Saturday morning Jim. Take it easy on the newbie, not too many pranks now! out of the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X