Club run to washita on june 6th + 7th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club run to washita on june 6th + 7th

Where: Washita off road park in Farmington MO.

When: June 6th and 7th

Cost: $50 for the weekend
    $30 for 1 day
    $10 to primitive camp at Washita --- Per Suz @ MWJT "we will have use of the bathrooms in the bunk house"

Open to all Club and Non-Club members. There are several campgrounds near this park that have bathrooms + RV hookups --- I will post more info on this in the next few days.

Please post here if you are planning to attend

ALSO -- Can someone post this on the Facebook page?
    Last edited by RoKn; 03-24-2015, 10:40 AM.

Confirmed attendance (so far)

I will be sending out emails with updates for those on the below list:

RoKn -- Jim Spinner -- jim.spinner@outlook.com
    Treedawg -- Kenny + Sue
    jagular7 -- Mike
    Tommy Sanders + 2
    Last edited by RoKn; 03-24-2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Sue and I.

Comment

In for now.
        Mike
        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I'm in...plus wife and daughter. Down for camping
          "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
          Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Here is some updated information on the W.A.S.I.T.A. Trip

Please email me any other questions you have on this, and i will ask Sue from midwestjeepthing

Are there showers available for use in the “bunkhouse”?
            It is primitive camping and we "hope" to have access to the bunkhouse's restrooms. There is not electricity that can be used. There is electricity that is run to the pavilion but it isn't enough to power multiple campers.
            We do not have use of the showers or other facilities.

Do you recommend any local motels for those who don’t camp?
            There is a Super 8, I believe in Farmington.

Its $50 to wheel both Sat and Sunday, $30 to wheel 1 day, and $10 to camp correct?
            You are correct on the fees.

The fee to camp, is it per tent, or per person?
            The fees to camp are per tent.

Is alcohol allowed “at the campsite” after wheeling?
            Alcohol in moderation is allowed only after all wheeling is done.

Can we setup and start camping on Friday night, or must we arrive and set up camp on Saturday?
            We won't have coverage for Friday night camping. Basically, I have to be on the premises the whole time to supervise people who are camping and I will not be there until Saturday.

Are there BBQ grills available or should be bring our own?
            There are no grills available that we can use, so please bring your own.

Will night wheeling be allowed, If not when must we be off the trails?
            Night wheeling will not be allowed per the land owner's request and everyone must be off the trails by 6 PM.

Thanks so much for coming down and we look forward to seeing everyone.

Suz

Comment

I am going to be in STL on Thursday night for business, so I will not be in the caravan for those going.

I do have a giant 2 room tent, that has an open room, if anyone wants it.

On the food, i.e. BBQ --- do you you want me to grab a bunch of burgers and hotdogs or should we have everyone bring their own food?

let me know

Comment

**** i want to go to this so bad, but will be in Carthage for kids fishing day

Comment

I'm not gonna make this trip. As much as I'd like to I am just getting started on converting my rockers to bombproof status............;)
                  -Mike B-
                  '01 XJ Sport
                  '11KK Limited

Comment

With those questions answered:

No camping Friday - makes for an early morning drive out (4ish) or hoteling Friday night.
                    With 'hoping to have bathroom facility' access, that lays out no camping and hotel Saturday night or driving home.
                    If hoteling/driving home, might as well eat out.
                    If hoteling, then can wheel on Sunday.

This comes back down to the last trip where its a long day for a drive and wheeling.
                    Mike
                    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

just googled it, its way on the other side of state ! ..... I don't have tow vehicle ready yet, and don't want to drive jeep that far and then break down !
                      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Was still planning on going....
                        "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                        Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Tentative depending on bathroom & electricity situation. Can I run an extension cord to power a small fan? How far from the property is the hotel/town? What's the wheeling like there? What's it comparable to? Clayton? Disney? KS Rocks? Tuttle? Colorado? SMORR? Flat Nasty?

Comment

update from SUZ @ MWJT

"You can run the extension cord. I have one other guy running one for a cpap. I'm trying not to overload the breaker at the pavilion or it will blow. It blows if I plug in two roasters"

Comment

I am leaving for STL on Thursday night, as I have scheduled in a work event into my wheeling trip!

Anyway, i will be at WASH around 930 ish in the morning on Saturday.

Everyone is on their own for food and drinks --- I am thinking of going out to dinner on Saturday night so all are free to join me.
                              Then on Sunday night I am having dinner with my parents in STL.

Comment

Working...
                              X