Adjustable track bar from a Jeep??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable track bar from a Jeep??

I just thought I'd ask.... is there a Jeep that comes out of the factory with a adjustable track bar that would fit my 3" lifted XJ?

PS- FREE-Death Wobble Rides (limited time only---I HOPE):shaking:

No such thing as a factory adjustable trackbar - on any platform.
    -Mike B-
    '01 XJ Sport
    '11KK Limited

Comment

I purchased and recommend metalcloak's solid chromoly trackbar ----- works on TJ/LJ/XJ's

http://www.metalcloak.com/TJ-LJ-Jeep...Bar-p/7035.htm

bye-bye Death wobble

Comment

I recently added a 3" Zone lift to my xj and used the IRO adjustable double shear track bar. I found a coupon for discount shipping, I believe it ended up costing me right at $200. Seems to be a really solid track bar so far and goes up to 7" of lift I believe.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFX

Comment

What is crazy to me is I had NO major wobble 200 miles ago and now I can barely get past 45-50mph on any road with out it shaking so bad I have to slam on the brakes. If I continue to speed up it continues to shake. 1 in 10 times I can get past that speed with it floored. Yet under the front I can't see anything obviously loose, (joints or bolts etc.) or missing. Not even any "shiny" metal. I'm in the process of checking every bolt, nut & joint. I mean I can't drive 45 or slower everywhere. Just frustrated that I can't figure it out yet. I do appreciate the help though. Really I do. (no sarcasm) Thanks, Dean

Comment

MTL, you have elongated the hole(s) of the track bar or the sleeve is well worn in it. You need someone to 'wiggle' the steering wheel quickly to find the culprit of looseness. Otherwise, it becomes hide n seek. Also, the bushings of the CAs can be hard to determine to be the culprit as well.
            Mike
            Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

You are correct. The track bar is moving up & down in the bracket, even with the nut tight, on the joint side and the bolt should be a larger one on the sleeve side. Also the joint on the drag link, at the drop pittman arm, is shot. Can I get that part of the drag link? Local? Hopefully I don't have to get the whole thing. I'll check into it as well. I haven't got to the CA's yet but will shortly.....Thanks, Dean

Comment

The tie rod ends (tre) are part of the steering which can be replaced. Check with your local Advance Auto, order online, then use a discount code, pick up item(s) 1/2 day later (you'll be notified by email). You can also get a completely new track bar....or just the bushing of the axle end. The ball joint (tie rod lie) is integrated to the track bar for the frame mount. I've replaced one on my 99 TJ.

For that tre, you may require an adjuster sleeve replacement as well. Measure how much that tre sticks out of the adjuster, then put new one that far. Then don't forget to get an alignment (toe adjustment is all you need).

If the track bar axle mount holes are elongated, you'll have to get 'washers' welded to the bracket to minimize the movement.
                Mike
                Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Hello again, l've replaced the tie rod from the pittman arm to the drag (center) link and the track bar with the bracket that bolts to the "frame". (if it had one, I know, ...unibody) (still using a stock track bar & drop bracket) My studs, the two at the top of the track bar bracket on the body side, where 1 was stripped and the other of no use by the time I got the stripped one out. Those had ovaled out the bracket holes. MORE UPDATES COMING.... THANKS

Comment

going, going but not quite gone...

I have 100% no true death wobble. But still feel a vibration/shake. So who has a "master bushing kit" available?? Are they all poly except OEM {aka stealership or OO'really's}?? Figure a little play here & there adds up to. . . well . . . what I had before ol' DW . So I"ll do it just because 99 was a few miles & days back. Honestly there was a lot of "a hair loose maybe's" too, with a **** of a result. The vibes I'm getting now are a 'thapp' that keeps perfect time with a tire. That parts easy enough & alignment check (driveway or otherwise). Also, who's got decent quality adjustable control arms? Thanks, Dean

Comment

catch me some morning, I will go for a test drive with ya to see Exactly what your talking about , I am here in Indep. about a block west of RLDS auditorium. And being retired, I am usually here unless I am not ! ;)
                      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

I've been Rokmen control arms with Johnny Joints on both ends for ~6 years now with ZERO issues. Feed 'em a little grease now and then, and they're happy. Pure beef.

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
                          catch me some morning, I will go for a test drive with ya to see Exactly what your talking about , I am here in Indep. about a block west of RLDS auditorium. And being retired, I am usually here unless I am not ! ;)
                          Hey, I will take you up on that (though not quite this early!!!) I'm over by the old Rockwood Golf coarse (I'm thinking that's the wrong "coarse" of course.....) or for the non-golfers, which includes me, by Hill Park aka 23rd & Westport, 26th actually. I may have to go to Bethany, Mo early this week but I'm all for it otherwise. Maybe later in the week? When I get back I'll shoot you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Intercept Images View Post
                            Hey, I will take you up on that (though not quite this early!!!) I'm over by the old Rockwood Golf coarse (I'm thinking that's the wrong "coarse" of course.....) or for the non-golfers, which includes me, by Hill Park aka 23rd & Westport, 26th actually. I may have to go to Bethany, Mo early this week but I'm all for it otherwise. Maybe later in the week? When I get back I'll shoot you a PM.
                            I used to golf Rockwood ! Its halfway between my place and Grandmas ! and she is only a couple of miles if that away ! :)
                            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Like others said. No such thing as an adjustable TB on factory jeeps. MC, Savvy, JKS are all good options. On your XJ I would get a double shear for unibody side

True DW usually is TB related but I would check your CA bushings and torque on them too. Also make sure tires are balanced as unbalanced can induce DW

Comment

Working...
                              X