Valentines Day Run @ W.a.************a. Feb 14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentines Day Run @ W.a.************a. Feb 14

Anyone interested in going to W.A.************a Offroad park, outside of St. Louis?

MidwestJeepthing (my original jeep club) has an open trail ride out there on the 14th. Park fees are $30.

I am going to be in StL on Friday the 13th, so as long as my new replacement wheels are here by Wednesday, I plan on attending.

Let me know.
    Last edited by RoKn; 02-05-2015, 10:42 PM. Reason: why is Wa****a blurred out?

My replacement rims will be here Tuesday, so I'm attending this run! :)

Comment

Cool. I think that's something I can do...
      Mike
      Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Well, I've been wanting to check that place out, but unfortunately I will be working on Valentine's Day.

If you know or run into Lee Haladay tell him I said hello. He may only know me as JeepN4kc over on JeepForum but we've been trying to meet up at SMORR the last couple years - never works out.
        -Mike B-
        '01 XJ Sport
        '11KK Limited

Comment

Wish I didn't have to work - been wanting to get out there ever since I read this article...

Comment

From Midwestjeepthing's website:

Join us for a fun filled day in the woods and bring your sweetie!
            We will plan to leave the parking lot at 9am so please get there in plenty of time to air down, disconnect, and be ready to go.

It is an open day and the cost is only park fees which is $25 for paid MWJT members and $30 per vehicle otherwise.

Directions 67 south through Farmington, MO.
            Turn west onto Hwy H
            Right on AA
            Shortly after the W.a.************a. Baptist Church turn Left onto Thomas Rd.
            Go all the way to the bottom of the hill and turn right into the parking area.(Don't turn in at the top of the hill by the buildings, that entrance is for a different event)

Park address
            431 Thomas Rd
            Farmington, Mo

Mike, I rsvp you for the difficult trails with me, but your not my sweetie! :)
            Last edited by RoKn; 02-07-2015, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Me and Mike attended this event on Saturday.

My jeep was not able to run any trails, as I suffered a rear driveshaft break. (I will not let my little brother drive the jeep anymore!) Anyway, Mike was more than ready to showoff his skillz!

Pics and videos upcoming

Comment

Originally posted by RoKn View Post
                Me and Mike attended this event on Saturday.

My jeep was not able to run any trails, as I suffered a rear driveshaft break. (I will not let my little brother drive the jeep anymore!) Anyway, Mike was more than ready to showoff his skillz!

Pics and videos upcoming
                Couldn't run any trails? Did your brother break the ds backing off the trailer?
                -Mike B-
                '01 XJ Sport
                '11KK Limited

Comment

Originally posted by JeepN4kc View Post
                  I had noticed it hanging under the Jeep. I should have taken the pic then...oh well.
                  Attached Files
                  Mike
                  Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Originally posted by JeepN4kc View Post
                    Yes, the rear driveshaft broke when he backed it off the trailer.... I know it sounds crazy, but I was right there when he backed if off. Heard a loud pop, then Mike noticed it.

It isn't his fault, just one of those things, I guess....

Ordering a new DS in the morning.

Link to Videos

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ini3XdVc00TbNV

Comment

^^^ I want that guy's tube doors! Place looks like it has some cool obstacles.
                      -Mike B-
                      '01 XJ Sport
                      '11KK Limited

Comment

Wash ita is privately owned. Look up Wash ita Off Road on FB! They post what weekend in the month they will be open for wheeling. Sometimes, its a noticeable enough time, but could also be 1-2 days. Their place, their decision. Fee is $30/day. Its ~5.5 hrs from KC. There is no camping there...day or days open are posted. Its still somewhat new as well. Vast land, trails marked with veteran's names or military persona, or have some military reference. Yes, they are related to guns too. Would go again, but would hang with previous runners, like members of Midwest JeepThing!
                        Mike
                        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Map of W.A.************A.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is another pic...Jim's happiness of parking his on the trailer and riding with me.
                            Attached Files
                            Mike
                            Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Working...
                            X