Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for some hands on advice with my steering

Okay,
    I have a white 97 tj. 8 in lift with a 1-2" body...37" tires that are pretty old and probably worn, so I know it won't drive the best...

I've changed shocks, several heim joints on the tie rod and pitman arm. 4 link suspension. Have some "play" in the steering wheel

I took at chance and drove it yesterday to work, first time in a long time. Use to driving a nice car! LOL

But I really was swerving a lot...

I'd like to meet someone who is pretty knowledgeable, let ya drive it and see if: A I'm just not use to the looseness..or B yes I still have a problem.

I live on 95th close to 69 Hwy. in OP, KS. Really don't want to drive too far esp on Hwy...My goal is to be able to drive it on the highway ( I know not 70, but 55/60 would be good)

Anyone interested?

Best times are: any M-W after 5 or on a Sat AM or Sun after 11 am....I've got things going on but can rearrange and it's not super urgent.
    Last edited by SoonerJeepMan; 01-29-2015, 12:03 PM.

Can check with 4x4Land and when their next trip to KC will be and see about them picking it up for a look see.

Other option, more local, Stomper Offroad in Olathe. Mostly JKers, but basically the same type setup up front for a TJ. Jay Blazer is the one to contact and coordinate.
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Worst case, see if Steve Kempenar can look at it down in Olathe at SK Mechanic, off 135th & I35.

Comment

Rich/Mike, ok...I'll check the options out.

Comment

Working...
        X