I'm Fine, but.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Fine, but.....

To those who havent heard on facebook....

Last Friday I experiensed a pretty bad heart attack. Got hauled off from work in an ambo, but honestly dont remember most of the fun. It appears I started to fade while they were talking to me and after no radial pulse was found....we took a ride. They rushed me St. Mary's in Blue Springs and luckily straight into the cath lab. After two shots of nitro, I was at a 90% blockage on the Right side. Ran a cath up right arm and into the artery (which felt so weird btw) and placed three stints. Was worked on for 3 or so hours and placed in ICU. While in ICU I guess I had an event, but it all worked out...I'm still here. Found out after several tests that my levels where good and in actually good health. Obviously yes, I'm over weight and I smoke so those didn't help, but doctors have limited the reason down to genetics. It appears That this runs in the family big time. I was unaware as I dont have much communication with my family.

So obviously.....I need to loose weight, increase cardio exercise, and slowly wein off the smokes. They dont want me to just quit for some reason. I exscaped yesterday and finally home. They ended up keeping me longer due to heart pausing for 3-5 seconds at a time.

So anyway I am now home and working on better life choices. In the meantime....I've been ordered to no stress. Which means not working on jeep and ect for a while. Doc doesn't even want me wheeling....too exciting i guess. I am however going to do my best to still uphold my obligation to the club as the VP....unless the EC finds me unable to do so. I apologize up front for any meetings or events i might miss in the upcoming months while in rehab.

I love you guys and gals....and I love this hobby of ours, but i have to lay low for a min.
    Thx to those who came to see me, and those who have called. I'm sorry I didn't answer the phone everytime, but it was appreciated very much. I will troll the site and try to stay in contact, but no promises at this time! LOL
    Again....Thanks you guys and hope to be active again very soon.

Tommy Sanders
    "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
    Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Good to hear that you are home. Check into Chantix, if you want to qit smoking. It starts out with taking one pill a day, and you are allowed to smoke. You work up to 2 pills a day, still smoking, until you lose the desire or need to smoke. It worked for me and the wife. Talk to your daoctor about it, as it does have side effects. Hope you get better soon.
    Bill T.

Comment

Taking care of yourself and your family is obviously #1. We'll be here when you're ready and able to come back. Glad to hear you are vertical again!

Comment

Dude, being in a situation like yours, I really hope not to reach. Glad you're ok and at least knowing you are still here. Good for you and your supporting family to make changes in your lives.

Did you see any bright lights?

LOL
        Mike
        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
          Dude, being in a situation like yours, I really hope not to reach. Glad you're ok and at least knowing you are still here. Good for you and your supporting family to make changes in your lives.

Did you see any bright lights?

LOL
          Yep - he saw the bright lights of the woowoos when they whisked him away to the hospital.

Tommy, good to know you're back at home. If they want you to be in minimal stress - the hospital room and all the staff poking and prodding wasn't gonna cut it.
          Take care and get well.
          -Mike B-
          '01 XJ Sport
          '11KK Limited

Comment

I don't think I have had a heart attack yet, but have been legally dead like 3 or 4 times before I even got Cancer ! ... anywhoos, I smoked for 34 years (started at 8 , and was a 3 pack a day chugger last 10 or so years ! ..... I used the Patch, generic no less ! and walked into wally world on jan. 2 , 2002 and payed for them and applied first patch right there at register ! .. I aint had a smoke since then ! ... If a scumbag like me can quit, it should be a walk in the park for you ! :) Get well soon Tommy, ummmm ya have any jeeps for sale ? ... ;) stay healthy ! :)

had to edit as started at 8 ended up being a smiley ? ...... wth ?
            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Get well soon buddy and we will be here when you are ready to wheel again. :)

John
              1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Oh wow. Glad to hear you're okay though. I'd say the club is the least of your worries. Get well soon.
                "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

Thanks people... I'm actually back to work now with some restrictions.....still in rehab. Will slowly ease back into things... Maybe starting in march.
                  "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                  Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing better. Take care of yourself and family first. The wrenching and wheeling will be there in time.

Comment

Originally posted by tuffnutz70 View Post
                      Thanks people... I'm actually back to work now with some restrictions.....still in rehab. Will slowly ease back into things... Maybe starting in march.
                      Good deal, Tommy!

I just realized I can't believe I replied in your Mine&Momma's rig thread - or this one for that matter.

Yuppy JK snob! You probably won't even wave at me around town now............ ;-)
                      -Mike B-
                      '01 XJ Sport
                      '11KK Limited

Comment

Working...
                      X