Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaccuum leak help

Hey all,

I have a 98 jeep tj. Recently it has been throwing a code related to a vac leak and it has been idling high as well.

I replaced the manifold gasket and the throttle body gasket but no luck.

I found out about doing a smoke test so i set that up and what I found is that is SEEMS to be coming from behind the engine and not from around the manifold like I thought. Its hard to tell definitively but that is where it appears to be coming from.

Is there anything on the back of the engine where a vaccuum leak could be present?

Thanks for the help.

I am sure one of us can take a look at it after the next club meeting. Can you drive it to the meeting?

Club Business Meeting
    Sunday January 4, 2014 @ 2:00pm
    Trailside Center
    9901 Holmes

Comment

I hope to have it fixed by then BUT yes, I can drive it and would definitely appreciate the help if its still a problem.

Comment

Can you post some pic of what your are saying. If the smoke is coming from the behind of the engine it could be a crack head or block.

Comment

Originally posted by cripper View Post
          Can you post some pic of what your are saying. If the smoke is coming from the behind of the engine it could be a crack head or block.
          removed and replaced headers so will retest and see what I get. Will post pics if I get something odd.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderj View Post
            removed and replaced headers so will retest and see what I get. Will post pics if I get something odd.
            OK just keep us updated.

Comment

Working...
            X