New Jeeper from Topeka

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jeeper from Topeka

Hello. My name is Aaron Pierson, and I'm from Topeka. My wife Heather and I had the pleasure of meeting a few members of the KC Jeep Club this past weekend at the KS Rocks Wheeling for Toys event.

I have been in to off road most of my life. I started riding ATV's when I was 7, started racing off road RC cars at 13, and Jeeping in 2012. We still ride ATV's and I still race toy cars. Current rig is a 2015 JKUSS. My '12 Rubi was hit two days before xmas last year and while it wasn't totaled, it just wasn't ever right afterward so I unloaded it and got the Sport. Rubi's have had a pretty substantial price increase the lase couple of years.

The W4T event was our first time at an ORV park with the Jeep and all the guys immediately made us feel like part of the family. All of my Jeep experience was on trails in Colorado. We have a summer home in Conifer and spend the summer holidays out there Jeeping and ATV riding. There just isn't much around here for Jeeps and ATV's.

I learned a LOT Saturday, and now have a nice little shopping list of things to get before the next time out.

1. Pay dues and become KC Jeep Club member.
    2. Lift. Metal Cloak 2.5" Game Changer ARB edition ASAP.
    3. 33" Duratracs - Once I need new tires.
    4. 20-30' recovery strap
    5. CB radio
    6. ARB deflator tool
    7. Fire extinguisher
    8. Hi Lift Jack

I think we're pretty set otherwise. I've got a tool kit, first aid, emergency blanket, hatchet, knife, lighter, flashlight, 12v air comp, D-Rings, food and water....

What else should I be sure to pack when hitting the trails?

Thanks. Look forward to meeting more members of this outstanding club.

See you on the trails!

Welcome and we have a club trail ride out your way January 17th.

Comment

Welcome...I'd skip the hi-lift for trails, look into a bottle jack if you need to lift to change a flat....more than anything, d-rings, cb and don't go out yourself.

I'd look into rocker skids, belly skids, better bumpers.....those plastics won't last. Besides, I'm surprised you still have a front lower facia. That's usually the first thing pulled off going backwards.
      Mike
      Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

The thing I like about a hi lift is the versatility... It could double as a come along in a pinch. I've got the factory Rubi rails. I'll really liked the ace rails on my 12, I'll likely get another set for this one. Belly skids, check. I'll start researching them. If I damage a bumper, there's an issue. I don't have a desire to attempt a trail that could cause damage to the rig. I'm much more of an "overland" or "expedition"mindset than "I hope I make it through this without too much damage." However, a new set of bumpers is on my list, just not the short list.

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Comment

I was not able to make the event, but I look forward to wheeling with you sometime next year. Once you join, we also have a FB group, in case you are on there also.

John
            1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Working...
            X