Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to buy a four door JK problems or concerns to be aware wouod be nice prior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy a four door JK problems or concerns to be aware wouod be nice prior

Thinking about buying a JK not new and most likely a four door. Is there much issue or concerns that I should be considering or aware of when purchasing or looking at.

My thought would be 2007 or 2008 maybe newer. Definitely four door and automatic.
    Thanks
    Alan

I would look for a 12 with the 3.6 unless you want to swap the engine out.

Comment

If your on Facebook - look up the group "KC Metro - Jeep JK Group" and they can give you some pointers if you have any questions that may help you narrow down your search

Comment

A lot depends on how you are going to use it. Personnally, I would try to find one that is still stock or as close as you can find. Check the undercarriage, for trail damage. Check the top for leaks. Both motors, the 3.8 and the 3.6 have had their problems. The 3.6 has more horses and is supposed to get better gas mileage. Other than that, treat it like any other used vehicle and have it checked by a mechanic, preferably by someone that knows jeeps.
        Bill T.

Comment

Thanks for the Feedback. I get the the obvious things to look for, but wasn't sure about improvements or problematic areas of concern. It obviously cost more to buy newer so I am trying to stay older unless older will shortly cost me more money in the time.

Comment

Originally posted by alanc View Post
            Thanks for the Feedback. I get the the obvious things to look for, but wasn't sure about improvements or problematic areas of concern. It obviously cost more to buy newer so I am trying to stay older unless older will shortly cost me more money in the time.
            dude...you HAD the perfect 4 door jeep! lol. I remember buying something from ya...years ago...you still was working on it, but ya started the corvette motor for me. You still have it?

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerJeepMan View Post
              dude...you HAD the perfect 4 door jeep! lol. I remember buying something from ya...years ago...you still was working on it, but ya started the corvette motor for me. You still have it?
              TRIED to edit...pos. WERE working on it..

Comment

what happened to your 4 door TJ ? ..... or did ya sell it ?
                I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

We just took a 4093 mile west coast jaunt in our 15 JKU rubi.....I was amazed at the level of comfort and throughly surprised at how well it handled on twisty mountain roads. It is the 6 speed with I'm sure helped in the curves
                  sigpicerrinjan 99 TJ to much to list....

Comment

Working...
                  X