5.9 Battery problems please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.9 Battery problems please help!

I have a 1998 5.9 zj with around 170k miles on it and just bought it about three months ago and since 6 hours after buying it has experienced various electrical problems.First the battery would randomly drain and the car would struggle to run and if i took my foot off the accelerator it would completely shut off. So, i went and got a new battery and alternator(refurbished) and a new belt while i was at it. Fine for around 1 day.. Then The car alarm randomly goes off, then came a hesitant acceleration, but i never really have more than a quarter tank in lol The interior lights started flickering very bad and the battery voltmeter went completely to the right and everything was going on and off and gauges were going left and right but not a lot of power loss. Im not running any auxiliary lights and disconnected the subwoofer wich seemed to help some. I changed the sparkplugs that have never been changed with e3 and noticed a little better acceleration but all the problems are still the same. The terminals and wiring are a little rough but nothing horrible. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!!! :D:hammer_head:

First....its angry with you and wants to come home with me!
    Second...pull radio and disconnect factory alarm...notorious for drainage issues
    As far as lights flickering.... Usually the dimmer button on headlight switch. Try moving it to see if it helps. Zj's are electrical demons....hard to love them sometimes!

BTW...the e3 plugs are vary hard on the 5.9's....go with factory recommended plugs.....trust me!
    "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
    Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Working...
    X