Saran Wrap Colorado Springs this past weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saran Wrap Colorado Springs this past weekend

Probably the flexiest trail I've ever ran. They say it's a notch below Holy Cross on the difficulty scale. It's was really washed out from heavy rain in the area this year. I have some POV video I have to work up when I find some time. Had JK unlimited try to skinny pedal a obstacle...ended up airborne with a hard landing that destroyed a tire and rim. No video unfortunately. Glad I participated but I'll probably never do it again. To access this trail you have to drive 14+ miles of washboard road (Gold Camp Rd)...most brutal stretch I've ever driven. 14 miles takes 45 minutes. Feel like I need to put a wench on every fastener I can reach. Still it was a awesome trail
    sigpicerrinjan 99 TJ to much to list....

Sounds like an adventure. You have some access to some incredibible trails, keep the storyies coming. Ps we like pics when you get a chance!

Comment

I will be driving thru Colorado in the spring, have family in the springs, so will be in area ! ... if I there at a good time, lets hit some mild trails , I have to be able to get to California and back ! ;)
      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

I learned on the washboard outside Leadville that if you air down to trail pressure, and drive fast (30+mph), you float right over most of it.... Going slow rattles your brains. :)

Comment

Let me know about your springs trip....I may be able to plan a trip home so I can hit them with you...I'm working in KC, working a lot. My jeep is staying in Colorado along with my wife (she will not move out of Colorado). I plan trips home around wheeling trips.
          sigpicerrinjan 99 TJ to much to list....

Comment

Working...
          X