Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Problem? or Spark Coill

2000 Jeep Cherokee 6.0 2 Door Sport

Yesterday, I drove perfectly fine from Weston to Johnson Drive and back. This mourning on my way to work, I started getting a clunking while driving down the road. I pulled over and looked underneath to discover no debris. Driving further down the road I notices that if I stayed at around 60mph there would be no real clunking very often. The jolts become more and more so I decide to turn around. I get down to the entrance ramp and around just fine. After accelerating to around 40 there was a big jolt. I made it 10 miles down the road to the shop/. They ran a diagnosis test and told me that I should change my spark plugs/coil. I drive home, another 10 miles, and it starts to get worse. There was a couple times where I heard a spinning. If i put it in neutral, there seemed to be no problem coasting on the roads. Jarring into into my driveway, I replace the transmission fluid as well as change the spark plugs. No change. I can reverse and drive backwards till I get about 5 mph before it jolts. I can knock it back into drive and reverse no problem as well. Driving higher than 20mph now seems to make it do some whiny thing. Just yesterday, everything was great.

The engine light has been on for a week, guy said it may have been the ignition coil. I understand how this may cause some troubles. Though when in neutral or in park and revving the engine, there seems to be no problem.

Comment

Code reader said it had a mis-fire and a p0432 rt bank cat efficiency.

Comment

Working...
      X