hot exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot exhaust

I dont have any carpet in my jeep and when I drive it and it starts to warm up the floor under thee shifter starts to heat up on the floor and over a period of time it can get to be an oven I crawled under it the other day looks like tje exhaust runs right by there got to thinking if I take some exhaust wrap and warp around the exhaust will that cut down on the heat that is eradicating through the floor

The heat generation on the floor is not entirely coming from the exhaust. You have the engine, trans, tcase and axles that all create heat. Being your floor is sheetmetal, its going to propagate the heat transfer. Probably some exhaust wrapping they use on headers could help....but I wouldn't suggest it. Wrapped headers tend to get rust through. Look for some large floor mats that cover a greater amount of floor. Or maybe put the front and rear halfs carpet back in.

There are other ways to minimize heat as well. Insulation, sound and heat, then cover that in truck bed liner. Liner, like Rhinolining and LineX, helps insulate but won't eliminate the heat.
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Agree with mike except for eliminating the heat. You have removed the insulation barrier between you and the hot drivetrain. As Mike said there are tons of products out there that will help reduce the heat. I would recommend a heat shield over wrapping the exhaust. I just had my exhaust ceramic coated which is supposed to help out. Same goes for a couple of spray on heat reducers. They are a good method if you want to stay with something that you can still wash out.

Comment

or you can wear boots like me ! .... I have just a sheetmetal floor, open drain plugs and I never notice any heat buildup and I drive mine like Everyday !
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
        X